Research Fellow, Syn Bio TRP
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Two Post-Doctoral Research Fellow positions in the Synthetic Biology Translational Research Program (TRP), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be on a 1-year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. Fresh PhD holders are welcome.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow (RF) will be responsible to, and work closely with the Principal Investigator and a team of researchers on the goals set out for the project(s) of interest. The RF’s principal role will be to engineer microorganisms as biocatalytic tools for application in green chemistry.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Fellow is expected to:
- Develop biological parts and genetic tools for the engineering of industry relevant microorganisms;
- Metabolically engineer microorganisms for high bioproduction capabilities for industrial applications in the production of value-added biochemicals;
- Mentor research assistants, graduate, and undergraduate students.
- Assist in any other duties that are delegated by the Principal Investigator and group leaders.
The applicant should:
- Hold a PhD in Biotechnology, Biological Sciences, Biochemistry, or related disciplines;
- Have extensive knowledge and hands-on experience on pathway engineering, bacterial strain engineering, fermentation, recovery and analytics of targeted metabolites;
- Be able to design and perform experiments for microbial strain engineering, gene expression, protein expression, enzymatic assays, microbial fermentation and product recovery;
- Be able to work independently and in a team, and have an investigative nature and is attentive to details; and
- Have a strong record of international publications.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Ms Mageswari G, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit your application via email, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees)
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS