Senior Trial Operation Coordinator
- Full time, fixed term
- Exciting opportunity for a Senior Trial Operations Coordinator to join the Clinical Trials Operations team at the National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Clinical Trials Centre, located at Medical Foundation Building or Chris O'Brien Lifehouse, Camperdown Campus
- Base Salary $97,975 - $106,738 + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
The NHMRC Clinical Trials Centre (CTC) is a flagship academic research organisation within the University of Sydney. The CTC develops and conducts large, multicentre, and international investigator-initiated clinical trials, commonly in collaboration with national and international research groups, and contributes expertise to trials run by others. The research conducted by the CTC covers a broad range of therapeutic areas including oncology, cardiology, diabetology, nephrology, neonatal and perinatal health, and currently a number of exciting projects investigating treatments for COVID-19. Our clinical operations team plays a key role in the delivery of high-quality academic research.
The CTC employs over 260 staff who share a combined passion for high quality clinical trials and research. We encourage collaboration and innovation, and our staff work closely across all levels to share experience, knowledge, and ideas. We provide a highly supportive, inclusive and flexible work environment. We encourage those with a can-do attitude, looking to take on a new challenge, to apply.
We are seeking applicants to cover a number of roles across our growing academic research organisation. The Senior Trial Operations Coordinator contributes their expertise within clinical trials and impacting the immediate outcomes of the clinical trial(s) they are responsible for.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- perform clinical trial activities, including preparing trial procedures, setting up and organising clinical trial sites, reporting on trial milestones, on-site monitoring, supporting junior trials staff, archiving documents and correspondence, work under the supervision of the Clinical Trial Operations Leads and/or Program Managers
- working in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, including clinical trial funders, research collaborators, project team members, functional leads and CTC senior managers
- provide high level clinical trial knowledge and expertise to the Site Investigators, Site Coordinators and the research team to support the clinical trial requirements
- assist with selecting sites, coordinating ethics committee and regulatory authority applications, supervising trial supplies and organising/ attending investigator meetings
- provide administrative and other support tasks associated with clinical trials and other research projects.
- undergraduate (BSc) or higher degree in scientific, (bio) medical or health discipline with subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- extensive relevant working experience in clinical site management, as trial operations coordinator, senior/lead clinical research associate, project officer, senior trial coordinator, or similar role
- knowledge of clinical trial requirements during their lifecycle from start up to close out, including a detailed understanding of the regulatory and ethical approval process across Australia
- thorough knowledge of ICH Guidelines and Good Clinical Practice
- excellent time and workload management skills with demonstrated ability to prioritise effectively, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines and achieve required outcomes
- ability to maintain high work standards with minimal supervision, and ensure that other team members maintain and implement SOPs
- excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills with sound negotiating and conflict resolution skills and a demonstrated level of tact and discretion in dealing with day to day operational matters
- financial management experience and literacy, experience in managing and tracking site/vendor payments against contract
- high level computing skills (including databases in a windows environment, spreadsheets and word-processing).
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Lena Germinarios, Recruitment Operations, by email to email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Sunday 24 July 2022 11:59 PM