The Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a Research Associate in the area of Computational fluid dynamics (Ansys), Energy harvesting/Fluid mechanics/Fluid-structure interactions. The project Investigates the designs and effects of vibrations generated by fluids, bluff bodies, and harvesting using piezo-electric materials. Also, developing low-power microcontrollers and sensing devices and ultra-low-power wireless technologies and open the opportunity for substituting depletable batteries with low levels of locally harvested energy to power sensing and communication devices. Candidate must have obtained M.Sc degree mechanical engineering, or related fields. The candidate should be able to develop, design, test and analyze the data collected from the tests. Experience in wireless hardware design is a plus. Initial appointment will be for 1 year and it can be extended up 2 years. Only online submissions will be entertained. The candidates after pre-shortlisting, will be notified for a Skype-based interview via email.
- M.Sc. in Mechanical engineering or a relevant field
- Skilled in programing using Matlab/Simulink and C++/Ansys/CFD/CFX
- Skilled in Embedded system design.
- Proven Experience with developing algorithms for high reliable Products.
- Proven experience in the design, analysis and simulation of different energy harvesting
- Good technical writing and speaking skills.
- PhD in Mechanical engineering or a relevant field
- Experience with wireless Hardware design
- Advanced Ansys, Matlab/programming skills.
- Publication related to the area
Division College of Engineering - (COE)
Department As.Dean for Research&Grad.Std.- COE
Job Close Date 30-11-2022
Job Category Academic - Research Assistant