Research Fellow, Department of Paediatrics
The National University of Singapore invites applications for Research Fellow in the Department of Paediatrics, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. His/her primary role will be to contribute to increasing and maintaining high quality, scientifically robust research within the Department of Paediatrics, NUH.
Appointments will be made on 1 year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension.
Purpose of the post
The research fellow will work closely with the Principal Investigator in planning, carrying out of research studies and analysis of scientific data.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Principal Investigator in planning research studies and carrying them out.
- Analysis of next generation sequencing (genomic and transcriptomic) and metabolomics data. Advanced statistical analyses to integrate multi-omic studies and investigate pathways and processes
- Write manuscripts, reports, and grant proposals, including performing necessary literature review, advising on study design, and coordinating inputs from research collaborators.
- Provide research updates to stakeholders on regular basis
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI
The applicant should have
- A Ph.D. Degree in computational biology, biomedical sciences or equivalent ( fresh graduates are welcome)
- Excellent communication skills and a team player
- Ability to work independently
- Versatile in applying computational techniques to solve research projects.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Paediatrics
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID : 12982