Research Analyst / Associate / Fellow in Financial Valuation and Analysis
The Sustainable and Green Finance Institute (SGFIN) is a new university-level research institute in the National University of Singapore (NUS), jointly supported by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) and NUS. SGFIN aspires to develop deep research capabilities in sustainable and green finance, provide thought leadership in the sustainability space, and shape sustainability outcomes across the financial sector and the economy at large.
This role is ideally suited for those wishing to work in academic or industry research in the financial sector, particularly in the area of portfolio allocation and stock selections. The responsibilities of the role will include designing and developing frameworks to evaluate corporate investment decisions and project valuations.
There are no teaching obligations for this position, and the candidate will have the opportunity to develop their research portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be expected to assume the following responsibilities:
- Design research projects in close collaboration with the Institute’s Directors (Prof. Sumit Agarwal / A.Prof Johan Sulaeman / A.Prof Weina Zhang) and Research Affiliates
- Take ownership and responsibility for the successful delivery of research projects, ensuring they are completed within the required deadline and allocated budget, and meeting/exceeding project specifications and targets
- Participate in pre-project activities such as identifying required resources to ensure project completion including staffing and organizational needs of the project team, and preparing high-level project plans with project timeline and resource requirements
- Development of research hypotheses
- Plan and perform the development of valuation framework and advanced analytical tools connecting stock market information to corporate information
- Contribute to the development of fundamental valuation models that consider various business operational activities
- Monitor progress of research projects and provide necessary interventions to ensure smooth completion of each project
- Manage and coordinate project deliverables, ensuring their quality
- Manage industry partners’ expectation by understanding their needs and providing realistic expectations and scope of each project
- Manage the collaborations with research and industry stakeholders, including providing periodic progress updates and deliverables for grant funding body or project sponsors
- Preparation of results for industry communications, presentations, and academic articles for journal publications
- Guide and mentor research associates and analysts on the project team
- Work closely with the rest of the SGFIN team to support SGFIN’s activities and objectives
- Academic background in the following subjects is preferred: finance, economics, accounting, business, strategy, or related disciplines. A bachelor’s degree is required, a master’s degree in one of these subjects is preferred, with a PhD degree required for the Research Fellow position.
- Basic understanding of financial sector (banks and other financial institutions), financial markets, corporate financial statements, and credit risk analysis, is required.
- A thorough knowledge of the research field of asset pricing, portfolio investments, and/or corporate valuations is highly preferred.
- Quantitative analytical and/or financial econometric skills are highly desired, along with experience with empirical and theoretical research methods, including developing conceptual frameworks and models.
- Good time management and planning skills with a commitment to delivery.
- Strong project management skills, with ability to manage several projects concurrently.
- Strong delivery management experience, with proven track records in managing and steering projects towards smooth execution and on time delivery.
- Adaptive to change with a positive work attitude.
- Enthusiastic team player who is self-driven, committed, and willing to take initiative.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, effective in coordinating stakeholders, fostering teamwork, and leading high performance project team.
- Excellent verbal and interpersonal communication skills, along with strong written communication skills.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
More searches like this
- Economics & Econometrics Academic Posts jobs in Singapore
- Economics & Econometrics Research Fellowships jobs in Singapore
- Economics & Econometrics Research Related jobs in Singapore
- Economics & Econometrics Other Research Related jobs in Singapore
- Economics & Econometrics Research Associate jobs in Singapore