Research Fellow, Pharmacy
The laboratory of A/Prof Victor Yu at the National University of Singapore (NUS) has an immediate opening for a 3-year funded Postdoctoral Fellow position.
We are seeking a highly motivated post-doctoral fellow to work on projects that aim to deciphering the roles of MOAP-1 in regulating cellular senescence and ageing-associated disorders in liver such as NAFLD, NASH and HCC. Long term goal of the project is to gain novel therapeutic insights towards developing viable approaches for mitigating development and progression of these liver diseases.
Successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team as well as collaborators in Singapore and overseas.
- Planning and execution of experiments
- Guiding and working with junior staffs including students
- Participation in preparation of manuscript and grant application
- Uphold research integrity and ensure safety compliance
Interested candidates please submit full curriculum vitae and contact information of 3 references to A/Prof Victor Yu at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
- Qualifications / Discipline:
- PhD degree in Molecular and Cell Biology from a reputable university within the last five years.
- Successful candidate is expected to have good experimental background in modern molecular and cell biology techniques (e.g., cloning and mutagenesis, CRISPR, confocal microscopy, FACS or primary mouse cell preparation).
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
Taking into consideration the health and well-being of our staff and students and to better protect everyone in the campus, applicants are strongly encouraged to have themselves fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Job requisition ID: 15158