SUN Communications and Administrative Officer
Widening Participation & Social Mobility
Location: Highfield Campus
Salary: £25,627 to £30,497 per annum
Full Time Fixed Term until 28/04/2023
Closing Date: Thursday 21 July 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Do you want to make a difference in the way young people access higher education?
The SUN works with schools and colleges to help young people to make informed choices about their future.
We’re looking to recruit an organised individual to support the delivery of the partnership’s communications plans and provide administrative support to the SUN team.
About the role:
Collaborating with a fun and supportive team and under the guidance of the SUN Project Manager and SUN Project Leader for communications your duties will include:
- Creating communications materials (such as promotional emails and regular digests) as per the briefs provided by SUN Team members
- Supporting the development of the partnership website
- Liaising with web and graphic designers to procure work for the SUN programme
- Providing administrative support to the SUN central team and the wider remote team in partner universities and colleges
- Developing administrative processes and documentation
- Responding to email and telephone enquiries from external stakeholders
The successful candidate will:
- Possess good attention to detail and the ability to write in a clear and factually/ grammatically accurate way
- Be an excellent team player with relevant work experience and a proven ability to work proactively
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills and the ability to manage own workload effectively
Working as part of the SUN central team and reporting to the SUN Project Manager, you will work with SUN colleagues situated at partner universities, colleges, and local authorities.
The post is a maternity cover with an end date of 28 April 2023. The post is home-based but will require the successful candidate to attend core meetings in either Hampshire or Dorset at least once per month.
For an informal discussion and to find out more about this opportunity please contact Sinead Holmes, SUN Project Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
About The Southern Universities Network:
The Southern Universities Network (SUN) comprises several higher education providers, further education (FE) colleges, schools, and other organisations in Dorset, Hampshire, and the Isle of Wight. It is part of the Uni Connect programme; funded by the Office for Students, Uni Connect aims to reduce the gap in higher education participation between the most and least represented groups.
Interviews to take place on Monday 8th August 2022.
You should submit your completed online application form at https://jobs.soton.ac.uk. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Lauren Ward (Recruitment Team) on +44 (0) 23 8059 2750, or email email@example.com. Please quote reference 1870822HL on all correspondence.