Research Fellow, Ischaemic Stroke and Cardiovascular Disease
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Fellow in the Department of Medicine, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Research Fellow (RF) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator (PI) and study team members to successfully deliver research outcomes pursued in several nationally funded projects:
Ischaemic stroke and cardiovascular diseases, focused on biomarker discovery and validation using preclinical vascular and animal models. A key focus of the work is to understand the reasons why strokes occur and how to identify high-risk individuals for more intensive interventions. This work leverages on a well-phenotyped repository of samples from stroke patients who have been meticulously followed for more than 10 years.
The applicant should:
- Have a good PhD degree in life sciences, biomedical sciences, biochemistry, bioengineering or equivalent from a well-recognized university.
- Experience with molecular, cell biology, staining, advanced microscopy techniques, and computational analytical methods will be considered favorably.
- Able to work independently and in a team, and must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Possess good organizational skills for project planning, data analysis, manuscript preparation and grant applications.
- Possess good knowledge of Excel, R, Python and SPSS softwares.
Appointments will be made on a yearly contract basis with a good likelihood of extension.
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 7237