Research Engineer, Department of The Built Environment
“Construction Performance Analytics & Innovation Research Unit (cPAIRu)” at College of Design and Engineering, National University of Singapore, is now seeking an active and experienced Researcher, and the successful candidates will contribute to the planning, coordination and execution of a research program related to Development of a Sensor-based Mobile App System for Safety Behavior Self-Diagnosis & Innovations, which can automatically diagnose at-risk behaviors and unsafe conditions, and to self-assess and improve their safe performance through building information modelling (BIM) integrated with sensing system and Real Time Location System (RTLS).
The successful applicant will perform academic development work as well as field practical work together with the other research staff/students under the guidance of the PI.
Qualifications & Skills Requirement
- Proficient in developing mobile applications (on Android)
- Proficient in JavaScrip, SQL, Python, mapbox or other mapping library , react native, GIS, and setting up database and developing REST API
- Released apps into the Play store (or open source) (Preferred);
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related subject with work experience;
- Strong English written and oral communication skills;
- Able to work independently and deliver high quality work product with minimal supervision.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: The Built Environment
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 13904