Research Associate, Singapore Data Science Consortium
The National University of Singapore invites applications for the position of Research Associate in the Singapore Data Science Consortium (SDSC). The consortium, funded by NRF, is hosted at the School of Computing (SoC), NUS. SDSC seeks to develop novel computational solutions to a wide range of industry-driven applications, building large-scale experimental systems and improving the well-being of society.
The successful candidate will work closely with data owners from the Health Promotion Board (HPB) in driving data preparation and data engineering to support data analytics and data science projects.
With voluminous project data spanning across different data sources, to be ingested into HPB’s new internal data platform (HPB Population Health Data Hub), the scope of work would include (but not limited to):
- Conduct testing on data, system and software to come up with efficient methods to support data integration and exploitation. This includes working with technical counterparts and vendors to understand the data pipeline from various source systems and setup on an Azure Commercial Cloud Platform with user workspaces.
- Explore new data formats from partner & internal HPB sources to validate, clean and prepare the data to address business questions.
- Create new features in an ongoing and optimized setup for workflow and scripts to be run iteratively to facilitate analytics use cases. Examples include extracting data from semi-structured .JSON data fields of >200 million data rows, cosmosDB database through multi-core parallel processing for ongoing feature creation, developing and optimizing PySpark/HIVE solutions using SQL OLTP and OLAP to transform features.
- Integrate data and generate a robust data structure to facilitate behavioural analysis & data science/machine learning model development work on related business questions to programme mechanics.
- Develop summary statistics and visualizations to support HPB Programme Evaluation team's business analytics.
- Conduct data analytics, for example reward/redemption analysis over tenure weeks to assess programme effectiveness, conducting clustering analysis
- A Master’s degree in computer science/computing or a related discipline
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant working experience
- A team player with excellent communication and problem-solving skills, and a deep understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms
- A dynamic individual with innovative, critical, and analytical thinking
Interested applicants can send your CV to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Computing
Department: Department of Computer Science
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 13896