Career Development Specialist and Mentor
The Centre for Experiential Learning (CEL) would like to invite dynamic and collaborative individuals to apply for this exciting role in nurturing young Singaporeans to become professionally competent and contributing citizen who is employment ready and able to make responsible and ethical career choices and decisions.
You will be supporting the Career Development Office in the engagement of SUSS stakeholders, locally and overseas, to strengthen academic-industry relations and to identify work attachment/internship and employment opportunities for SUSS students. You will also play a part in the assessment and development of SUSS students, providing mentorship and guidance in their acquisition of professional skill sets and career choices.
We need someone who possess good industry knowledge (preferably in IT-related industry), with strong coaching experience, has awareness of current and emerging practices in human capital development, and is committed to the preparation and capitalization of young undergraduates.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide career coaching and career advisory for students throughout their studies in SUSS
- Conduct mentoring and assessment for students during the 6-month local/overseas Work Attachment programme across different disciplines
- Design and conduct workshops and programmes that help students to develop professional competencies
- Design and instruct career-related credit bearing courses that leverage on experiential learning pedagogy to enhance theory-practice link
- Initiate and develop long-term partnerships with local and overseas companies to create learning, applied research and work opportunities for students
- Initiate and lead applied research to enhance the expertise of Career Development Office
- Undertake administrative work to support programming and learning of students
We are looking for senior people from the industry. They should have the required job experience, network and industry knowledge.
In particular, candidates are expected to have/be:
- A good university degree, preferably with postgraduate degree and/or professional qualification
- Minimum of 10 years work experience (preferably in the IT industry), with at least 5 years in a supervisory capacity
- Experience and/or certification in career coaching
- Good understanding of global and local hiring/employment trends and methods
- Passion for working with students and able to build rapport, motivate and inspire young people
- Meticulous and able to work in a fast-paced environment, perform as a team that is highly diverse and traversing across functions, and manage multiple tasks, including administrative processes
- Ability to travel overseas (estimated once every 3 to 6 months)
- Strong overseas network will be an advantage
- Certification in personality profiling tools will be an advantage