Post Doctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering
- The candidate will conduct a specified program of research under the supervision and direction of the Faculty supervisor.
- The primary purpose of the role is to develop sorbent materials for CO2 capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) systems. The work will involve synthesis of capture materials from industrial waste materials, and their characterization as well as evaluation for CO2 capture. The kinetics of reactions relevant to carbonation reactions will be thoroughly evaluated and modelled.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries his/her best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance his/her career with guidance from the Faculty supervisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal, under the supervision and direction of the Principal investigator.
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the Principal Investigator and other co-workers in the project, the research team and other faculty, if appropriate.
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research, as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Support the Principal Investigator, co-Investigators and research center members in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with the program of research and the project.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Faculty supervisor, the RICH Center, the Department or the University.
- Support, if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the research group, department and university.
- Generate new ideas and links and builds upon existing ideas to propose unique concepts and solutions
In addition to the research program to be developed, the candidate will supervise the work of some graduate students (MSc and PhD), working in the research group/ RICH center and the project. He/she will also provide training to new comers in the area of process systems engineering. Moreover, he/she should assist in administrative tasks related to the project.
Qualifications & Experience
- PhD in Chemical Engineering, Materials science and Engineering, or related areas.
- Expertise in the area of materials characterization, kinetics of reactions and environmental sciences.
- Records of some knowledge in the field of separation science and materials design.
- Expertise in separation science and (optionally) previous experience on CO2 capture and utilization.
- Previous demonstrated experience on thermodynamics of materials and kinetics of reactions, reactors design as well as advanced materials characterization.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Good understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing resources
- A good track record of research publications
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time