Special Scientist, Research
Title: Special Scientist
No. Positions: One (1)
Category: 10 months, part-time (with the possibility of renewal for 10 months)
Place of Work: University of Cyprus, Nicosia
The Department of Political and Social Sciences of the University of Cyprus accepts applications for a Part-time Researcher (70 hours / month) to work under the supervision of Prof. Costas M. Constantinou. The position will be funded by the following projects:
- SInnoPSis (H2020 ERA Chair project)
- NEUMA (Erasmus + Small Scale project)
- TWIN4MERIT (Horizon Europe Twinning project)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The duration of employment will be ten (10) months with the possibility of renewal for another ten (10) months, starting from 3/10/2022 or the soonest afterwards. The monthly gross earnings will be €1,044. Employee contributions will be deducted from this amount. The Research Programs do not provide for the payment of a “13th salary”.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To conduct research in the field of science diplomacy and the Sustainable Development Goals of the UN, and to develop specific research planning and methodology for data collection and analysis.
- To contribute to the writing of academic articles and the submission of research proposals for funding.
- To prepare relevant material, lectures and short training seminars in relation to the above topic and to present them to the public.
- Doctorate in International Relations or related field.
- Team spirit and research autonomy.
- Research experience in the field of diplomacy and/or the United Nations and/or the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
- Academic publications.
- Experience of participating in funded research projects.
Interested candidates are requested to submit the following (in Greek or English):
- Letter of interest for this position.
- Complete Curriculum Vitae (including contact address and telephone number).
- Copies of diplomas and detailed grades
- A letter of recommendation from an academic staff member should be sent directly to the following e-mail address by the deadline for applications.
Candidates are invited to send electronically (1-3 above) to: firstname.lastname@example.org , to be submitted in one file PDF form by 31/07/2022.
For more information, candidates can contact Professor Costas M. Constantinou (tel: 22894564 and email: email@example.com ).
At least the top three candidates who meet the required qualifications will be invited for an interview. Interviews will be held in September 2022.
Candidates will be notified by the entity via email of the outcome of their application.
Having in mind the provisions of the General Regulation for Data Protection of the EU 2016/679 of the European Parliament, the University of Cyprus collects and processes your personal data in accordance with the provisions of the Regulation
The University of Cyprus shall collect and process your personal data according to the provisions of the General Regulation on Personal Data 2016/679 (EU).
The University of Cyprus (UCY) is committed to promoting inclusivity, diversity, and equality, as well as the elimination of all forms of discrimination in order to provide a fair, safe, and pleasant environment for the entire university community, where students and staff members will feel supported both in their professional and personal development, within and beyond their multiple identities. To this end, UCY seeks to create the necessary conditions that will encourage and respect diversity, and ensure dignity both in the workplace and society at large. Moreover, UCY has adopted specific policies to promote equal opportunities, as well as respect and understanding of diversity, while it is committed to promoting and maintaining a working, teaching, and learning environment, free from any form of discrimination, whether direct or indirect.