Research Engineer, Quantum Transport
A Research Engineer position is currently available. He/she is required to work on theoretical simulation of study on novel materials with focus on topological insulator materials, 2D materials, and its applications in spintronic devices.
A quantum/classical carrier transport study and device physics based on these materials will be investigated.
- Possess a Bachelor Degree in Physics or Electrical and Electronic Engineering with condensed material physics fundamental.
- Familiar with ab-initio simulation tools such as VASP/Quantum Espresso/ ATK.
- Knowledge on condensed material physics, topological insulator materials and novel 2D materials.
- Knowledge on spintronic devices and quantum transport theory.
- Familiar with program skill, Fortran, matlab, C or C++, and knowledge/experience of maintaining computation cluster.
- Open to fixed-term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 14328