Research Assistant, Mitochondrial Biology
The Mitochondrial Physiology and Metabolism Laboratory in the Department of Physiology at NUS,Singapore invites application from suitable candidates for a Research Assistant position in mitochondrial biology. The research in our laboratory aims at understanding the physiological and physiological role of mitochondrial calcium in regulating bioenergetics, through in-vitro and in-vivo model systems. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to participate in exciting research utilizing cutting-edge and advanced techniques. We are seeking a highly motivated individual to drive a new research project on neuronal mitochondrial calcium homeostasis.
The applicant should
- possess BSc in biomedical sciences, genomics, physiology, neuroscience, biomedical engineering, or a related discipline;
- be comfortable with interdisciplinary studies and the use of cutting-edge, state-of-the-art technologies in biomedical research;
- have basic computer skills; knowledge of large scale bioinformatics data analysis is desirable;
- prior experience in handling rodents and/or performing physiological experiments preferred, but not required;
- be an organized and responsible person;
- should be able to write research manuscripts, compile, processes and analyzes data; performs supervisory and training duties.
- Should performs other duties as assigned.