Research Engineer, Natural Language Processing and Human-Robot Interaction
We have a Research Engineer opening in the research group of Assistant Professor Wang Xinchao at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS). The Research Engineer will work closely with the Principal Investigator (PI) on one or more research projects.
The candidate will join the research team on Natural Language Processing and Human-Robot Interaction to:
- Contribute to the implementation of algorithms and development of systems
- To advance the knowledge, to publish in leading journals and conferences
- To prepare and meet the project deliveries and milestones.
- Possess a Bachelor or Master’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or computer engineering
- Strong programming skills in one of the programming languages: c/c++, Matlab, Python
- Project experience and excellent teamwork
- Good written and spoken communications.
- Open to fixed-term contract
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Electrical and Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 12970