Associate Professor, Department of Media and Creative Industries
The United Arab Emirates University invites applications for a faculty member rank: Assistant Professor position in the Department of Media and Creative Industries. The position posted is for a full-time Faculty Member in Mass Communication and multimedia production. The primary teaching role involves practicum courses in television production, digital and multimedia production, writing for broadcast, as well as other theoretical media courses that is offered in the department. Candidates are expected to have an active role in utilizing the Department’s facilities in teaching and training that includes production activities, to raise the competence and proficiency levels of students to industry standards. Faculty members will also conduct appropriate scholarship and research that leads to full participation in the academic life of the University and the scholarly community at large. The faculty member, as a part of a cooperative and collegial campus community, will advise students at the undergraduate and graduate levels, perform college service and pursue an applied and/or practice research agenda, a demonstrable research capability that will enable the candidate to develop and sustain an internally and/or externally funded research program in his/her area of expertise, publish his/her research in refereed journals, and actively engage in promoting the College as well as the Department of Media and Creative Industries. The candidate will also contribute to curriculum and program development, participation in department and college committees, as well as rendering services within the department and the UAEU. Qualified candidates are expected to have a strong commitment to teaching excellence and student advising at the undergraduate levels as well as published research in scopus journals.
- Applicants must have an earned Ph.D. in Media field.
- Ability to teach undergraduate courses in practicum/studio-based courses is a must.
- Applicants must have Industry and professional experience in multimedia offline/online media production, newsroom, and editorial experience.
- The successful applicant will also have a record of refereed publications and an agenda of on-going research, or evidence of noteworthy scholarly promise in the case of younger scholars. He or she will also exhibit a commitment to a student-centered approach to teaching.
- Professional industry experience in multimedia/digital production.
- English and Arabic Language proficiency
Division College of Humanities &S. Sc.(CHSS)
Department Media & Creative Industries-(CHSS)
Job Close Date 01-07-2022
Job Category Academic - Faculty