- The Mechanical Engineering Department at Khalifa University in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates, is inviting applications for one full-time Research Associate position for a limited period of three years, in the area of experimental fluid mechanics. The project will involve study of atomization of liquid synthetic fuels that can be produced from CO2 and H2 using renewable energy. The main objective is to quantify the correlation between liquid properties and atomization and evaporation in order to provide specification guidelines for the introduction of new sustainable fuels into current powertrains. This is envisioned as a technology that will enable incorporation of gas turbines and reciprocating engines in a zero-carbon-trace power generation scenario as a means to tackle the intermittency of renewable.
- Under the supervision of the KU lead researchers Prof. Dimitrios Kyritsis and Dr. Afshin Goharzadeh the Research Associate will support the team by designing and commissioning in-house experimental parts using 3D printers or other techniques. In addition, he will be responsible for safety aspect of the laboratory, maintenance of equipment and procurement process.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Assisting with or leading measurement
- Identify, purchase, and install sensors and equipment to enhance the capabilities of experiments
- Assist in design and commissioning of the experimental setup
- Purchase consumable materials from the local and international market
- Identify vendors and raise Purchase Requisitions
- Supervise or assist graduate research assistant or PhD students in their everyday work activities
Qualifications & Experience
- Master in Mechanical Engineering
- Master, (5) years of relevant research experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Experience in conducting experimental fluid mechanics project in an academic environment a plus
- Excellent IT skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Independent worker, organized, and team player
- The applicant should be familiar with LabVIEW, SolidWorks, Matlab and Tecplot.
- Knowledge in Multiphase flows a plus
- Knowledge in Flow Visualization Techniques such as Particle Image Velocimetry or Laser Dopller Anemometry is a plus
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Research Associate
Job Type: Full-time