Prof./Senior Associate Prof./Associate Prof./Assistant Prof./Lecturer in Biomedical Engineering
Professor/senior Associate Professor/associate Professor/assistant Professor/lecturer in Biomedical Engineering
SCHOOL: Academy of Pharmacy
ACADEMIC DISCIPLINE: The successful applicant will work in the field of biomaterials, nanomedicine, scalable production of pharmaceuticals/biopharmaceuticals/biomaterials, biosensing/bioimaging, regenerative medicine technologies, neural medicine technologies, cancer technologies, artificial intelligence-enabled biomedical technologies, biomedical engineering design, or a related field.
POSITION TITLE: Professor/Senior Associate Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor/Lecturer in Biomedical Engineering
LOCATION: Suzhou campus
POSITION OPEN DATE: 15th April 2022
ADVERTISEMENT CLOSING DATE: 14th April 2023
JOB ID: 2781
CONTRACT TYPE: Full time, fixed-Term/3-year contract, renewable. The 3rd contract is open-ended.
UNIVERSITY AND ACADEMY OVERVIEW:
Located in Suzhou, China, Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) is a young, dynamic and EMI university founded in 2006, and is a unique collaborative institution and first joint-venture university in China to offer both UK (University of Liverpool) and Chinese (Ministry of Education) accredited undergraduate degrees for more than 100 programmes. XJTLU also aims to become truly research-led and has committed significant investment into research development and the expansion of master’s and PhD student numbers on campus. The university has over 18,000 students and nearly 1000 academic staff representing in excess of 90 nationalities. For detailed information about the university, please visit www.xjtlu.edu.cn
The Academy of Pharmacy was established on November 11, 2020, aiming to nurture the next generation of talents and to conduct research for the broad goal of improving human health. The Academy of Pharmacy is recruiting faculty from globally distinguished institutions working for this goal. The Academy of Pharmacy intends to work closely with the local (Suzhou Industrial Park) private sectors for student/professional training and basic research. It will also build a state-of-the-art Pharmaceutical Analysis Core Lab and Laboratory Animal Research Centre with excellent technical support. Staff also benefit from the fact that Suzhou is building a ‘Chinese Pharma Valley’ for pharmaceutical and biomedical sciences. Cold Spring Harbor Asia (http://www.csh-asia.org/index.html) is located within walking distance and there are over 600 pharma and biotechnology companies in Suzhou Industrial Park.
The Academy of Pharmacy is building a Biomedical Engineering research theme, with the goal to eventually establish a specialized programme and possibly department. The Biomedical Engineering programme is expected to bridge the Academy of Pharmacy with XJTLU’s Entrepreneurship College, Schools of Natural Sciences, Advanced Technology, Design, and Business. The Biomedical Engineering faculty is expected to develop collaborations with hospitals and the local industry (Suzhou Industrial Park and Suzhou High-tech Park). The initial focus areas of the Biomedical Engineering programme include biomaterials, nanomedicine, scalable production of pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, biomaterials, biosensing/bioimaging, regenerative medicine technologies, neural medicine technologies, cancer technologies, artificial intelligence-enabled biomedical technologies, and biomedical engineering design. Candidates with expertise in one or more of these areas are encouraged to apply.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To teach undergraduate and postgraduate courses;
- To conduct active research and mentor graduate students;
- To carry out various administrative duties;
- To collaborate with industrial partners.
- The successful applicant will have a PhD degree with expertise in biomaterials, nanomedicine, biosensing/bioimaging, scalable production of pharmaceuticals, biopharmaceuticals, biomaterials, regenerative medicine technologies, neural medicine technologies, cancer technologies, artificial intelligence-enabled biomedical technologies, biomedical engineering design, or a related discipline, and should demonstrate appropriate teaching experience and evidence of the ability to obtain external research funds and produce high quality research publications.
- Candidates for the position of Associate Professor and above should also have a strong track record in teaching and academic supervision, as well as an international collaborative research profile in their fields and a successful record of research funding.
- Candidates with previous industry and/or industry collaboration experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
- Leadership ability for leading a team to conduct research/teaching;
- Effective communication skills; fluent in written and spoken English;
- Adaptability and flexibility;
- Professionalism and work ethic;
- Positive attitude and energy;
- Diversity / Sensitivity.
In addition to the base salary, members of Academic Staff are entitled to subsidies for accommodation, travel, children’s education, medical insurance, and a one-time relocation allowance. Overseas staff may receive a tax “holiday,” depending on nationality and personal circumstances.
Range of Annual Base Pay(gross):
Lecturer: 280k-320k RMB
Assistant Professor: 360k-400k RMB
Associate Professor: 450k-490k RMB
Senior Associate Professor: 540k-580k RMB
Professor: above 650k RMB, negotiable
CITIZENSHIP AND VISA REGULATIONS:
Employment at Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University is regulated by Chinese Labour Laws, and must comply with the regulations of the provincial government. These regulations stipulate who is eligible for legal employment with regard to obtaining work permits and visas. Please be advised candidates over 65 may be not eligible for a work visa from the PRC.
We are currently accepting applications through our university website, you can apply via https://career15.sapsf.cn/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=2781&company=xjtlu
In the file, please state the Position (PROFESSOR/SENIOR ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/ASSISTANT PROFESSOR/LECTURER IN BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING) you are applying for.
Applications must be submitted in a single pdf file that includes the following three parts in the order:
- A cover letter
- A current CV, including date of birth, country of citizenship, and highest degree level
- A three-year research and teaching plan
- Contact details for three referees
Applications should be received by the closing date stated above.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to HR Mingyu Yuan at firstname.lastname@example.org
For specific enquiries relating to the position, please email the Executive Dean of Academy of Pharmacy, Prof Mu Wang, at Mu.Wang@xjtlu.edu.cn , or Prof. Gang Ruan (Gang.Ruan@xjtlu.edu.cn). Please quote the position and job ID in your enquiry.