Head of Division – Adult Nursing and Healthcare
School of Health & Life Sciences
Head of Division – Adult Nursing and Healthcare
SS1 £63,668 - £73,782 per annum
Full-time, 35 Hours per week
THE POST – Head of Division – Adult Nursing and Healthcare
To support the continued investment of staffing at School and Divisional levels, the School of Health and Life Sciences is seeking applications from individuals to join the School as a Head of Division of the current Adult Nursing and Healthcare Division.
Joining a dedicated team of senior management, you will provide academic leadership and management in the development and delivery of innovative, successful undergraduate and postgraduate academic programmes within the division. You will plan, manage and lead the development of academic activity and quality in teaching, research, subject development, knowledge exchange and internationalisation. You will oversee the allocation and management of workload and resource planning, developing and reviewing the performance of academic staff, uphold the values of Athena SWAN and undertake responsibilities and duties as agreed with the Deputy Dean of the School
You will have significant experience and knowledge of quality assurance and quality enhancement systems and have an inclusive curriculum development approach that demonstrates equality as well as sharing of good practice. You will be able to demonstrate experience in successfully managing people and process either in a line or staff management capacity and exhibit heightened skills in effective planning, organising and problem solving with excellent liaison, networking, influencing and communication skills.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Degree and relevant postgraduate/PhD qualification or equivalent qualification
- Higher Education Fellowship
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Extensive experience of learning, teaching and assessment within Higher Education at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- An active research profile
- Evidence of external engagement
- Commitment to delivering high quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience.
The post may be based at the Paisley, Lanarkshire or Ayr Campus, subject to further discussion, and will require the successful candidate to work at any UWS campus or location from time to time to meet needs of the business.
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses.
With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Health & Life Sciences at UWS offers innovative teaching and research opportunities, firmly focused on the real-world challenges facing the healthcare and life sciences sectors. You will join a supportive and committed team, where you will play a key role in continuing to establish the University as a force for good. Our students benefit from studying in modern learning facilities – among the very best in the country – and the strong links we have with partner organisations across the private, public and third sectors. Find out more about our School of Health & Life Sciences.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing Date: Friday 8th July 2022 at 12noon
Interview Date: Thursday 21st July 2022
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from underrepresented groups.
UWS is a “Disability Confident” employer.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.