Senior Marketing Manager-APAC Events (Fluent in Mandarin or Japanese)
About the job
Times Higher Education (THE), the leading global authority on university performance, is searching for a motivated and driven individual to join their growing events team. THE’s portfolio of events is a programme of worldwide activity, headed up by our flagship annual Times Higher Education World Academic Summit. This regular series of regional summits and forums brings together pre-eminent global thought leaders across higher education, research, industry and government to share best practice and innovation in the development and leadership of world-class universities and research.
Basic Scope & Primary Objectives
We are seeking a strong, motived self-starter to join our busy Events Marketing team. The right candidate will demonstrate an unbridled passion for marketing and creativity as well as the ability to write strong and engaging copy. Someone who is able to work under pressure, is focused on delivering great results, makes things happen with ease and is able to multi task with their eyes closed.
You will lead on the marketing for our APAC based events, delivering the marketing strategy and tactical execution of campaigns.
You should be a confident individual able to work and communicate with senior stakeholders and partners as this will be a core part of your role.
Fluent speaking and writing in Mandarin is essential and Japanese is desirable.
- Manage marketing plans; co-ordinating; implementing; and monitoring of the full mix of marketing activities to drive attendee growth for all APAC focused events (In-person events, hybrid events, webinars, roundtables) ensuring deadlines, and targets are met, to deliver success for our stakeholders, partners and sponsors
- Create individual marketing plans ensuring messaging speaks to the key audiences
- Develop, deliver and maintain commercial marketing materials (media packs, case studies) to use as sales tools for the commercial and sponsorship sales teams
- Generate post-event reports and insights for the commercial team to inform the strategic direction for future commercial events.
- Liaise with key associations/media partners and organisations to maximise visibility
- Copywriting, proofreading of marketing collateral, liaising with designers, sub-editors
- Create, implement and manage engaging email marketing campaigns
- Supporting the wider events marketing team when needed
Experience and Skills Required
- 5+ years of proven experience in a similar role
- Fluent in Mandarin is essential and Japanese is desirable.
- Creative thinker with a passion for storytelling and doing things differently
- Confident and talented self-starter who is able to hit the ground running
- Commercially astute and entrepreneurial outlook
- Ability to work to agreed deadlines, working well under pressure
- Excellent planning and organisational skills in order to manage and prioritise workload
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including spelling, grammar and proofreading, with the ability to tailor style and approach to suit a variety of global audiences
- Interested in international higher education
- MS Office essential – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Educated to a degree level
THE are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. We recognise that we are all different. Great strength is born through different perspectives and experiences. That is why we are committed to our mission of creating an inclusive culture that enables our people to feel able to bring their whole selves to work. We are proud to be part of the Global Equality Collective and a mindful employer to help support THE achieve this.
Apply for Senior Marketing Manager-APAC Events (Fluent in Mandarin or Japanese)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly