Lecturer in Health
School of Health and Life Sciences
Full time: 35 hours per week
AC2: £37,467 to £44,706
THE POST - Lecturer in Health AC2
Due to a continued significant investment in our teaching portfolio within the School of Health & Life Sciences we are seeking applications from individuals to join the School’s Division of Midwifery and Specialist Nursing as a Lecturer in Health. You will join a dedicated team who strive to continuously inspire our students and wider University community – and, through modern teaching and impactful research, continue to deliver innovative solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
The successful candidate should have the following:
- Degree and relevant postgraduate qualification
- Professional Body qualification
- Appropriate evidence of external engagement which is clearly in line with the School’s priority areas for the future, or be able to demonstrate the synergies (e.g. external engagement in terms of research, or knowledge exchange, or engagement with professional bodies or other external organisations)
- Commitment to delivering high quality teaching and supporting an outstanding student experience.
University of the West of Scotland is one of Scotland’s largest and most dynamic modern universities. Our reach across the country, together with our London campus, means that UWS is a significant force in global knowledge creation, innovation, and a leading provider of undergraduate, postgraduate and research degree education. Our degrees provide students with a transformational experience; equipping them with highly sought-after graduate skills that set them up for global success in world-leading sectors, industries and businesses. With cutting-edge courses, modern pedagogy and practical knowledge, we enable our students and staff to experience the joy of learning, teaching, research and innovation, and apply their knowledge for the benefit of others.
The School of Health & Life Sciences at UWS offers innovative teaching and research opportunities, firmly focused on the real-world challenges facing the healthcare and life sciences sectors. You will join a supportive and committed team, where you will play a key role in continuing to establish the University as a force for good. Our students benefit from studying in modern learning facilities – among the very best in the country – and the strong links we have with partner organisations across the private, public and third sectors. Find out more about our School of Health & Life Sciences. The School is involved in the British Council Gender Advancement through Transforming Institutions in India project and the British Council and SEAMAO RIHED Gender Equality and Diversity (GEDI).
The Division of Midwifery and Specialist Nursing offers a large portfolio of health-related modules and professional programmes such as: post-registration community programmes; MSc Advanced Clinical Practitioner; MSc Health Studies; and pre-registration Midwifery. We work in partnership with seven NHS Boards to deliver a quality assured, contemporary healthcare student experience.
We offer our staff a caring and supportive environment, across five campuses, and a competitive benefits package which includes:
- 35 days of annual leave, plus a further 12 days for public/university holidays
- 23% employer’s pension contribution, including death in service benefits on joining the pension scheme
- A flexible approach to working pattern and work-life balance
- Employee discount scheme across 3,500 retailers
- Fitness facilities across our campuses
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing resources, including occupational health, physiotherapy and access to our Employee Assistance Programme
- Professional, career and research development opportunities.
Closing date for applications: 6th July 2022
Interviews will be held: 19th July 2022
Further information, including details of how to apply is available at https://jobs.uws.ac.uk/
The current academic structure and nomenclature at UWS is as follows:
AC2 – Lecturer (first time academic post)
AC3 – Lecturer
AC4 – Senior Lecturer (alternate titles used in different Universities include Principal Lecturer or Associate Professor)
UWS is committed to equality and diversity and welcomes applications from under-represented groups.
University of the West of Scotland is a registered Scottish charity, no. SC002520.