Research Fellow, Biological Sciences
The successful candidate will work with Yang Daiwen on Protein-ligand interactions under a project on Analytical support to enhance the Synthetic Biology Research & Development Programme.
The main responsibilities of the position include
- Expression and purification of protein,
- Characterization of protein-ligand interactions using biophysical techniques such as fluorescence, NMR, and X-ray crystallography
- Qualifications / Discipline:
- PhD degree in Structure biology, molecular biology, or biochemistry
- Molecular biology techniques,
- Problem solving and independent research,
- Oral and written communications.
- Experience in gene cloning, protein expression and purification, basic understanding of protein structure. Bonus: protein structure determination
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department : Department of Biological Sciences
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 14179