Intellectual Property Specialist
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties of the Intellectual Property Specialist include:
- Request and assess invention disclosures from researchers and faculty members to determine their patentability
- Manage the process of patent applications including invention disclosures
- Review applications of invention disclosures
- Provide information, assistant and training to faculty members on invention disclosure, intellectual property and commercialization opportunities.
- Write, review, modify, negotiate material transfer agreements (MTAs), non-disclosure agreements (NDAs), options, licenses, copyright, etc.
- Raise awareness about patents, copyrights, through technology transfer business development seminars and workshops
- Other related duties as assigned
Education and Professional Work Experience
- The candidate must already have experience as an Intellectual Property Specialist with proven outcomes. He must be knowledgeable in both business, marketing and technology and have worked with industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has considerable knowledge in legal aspects of business, technology transfer and licensing.
- Has Excellent communication skills both in Arabic and in English
- Demonstrates the expertise to negotiate business opportunities and licensing deals
- Demonstrates high problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
- Registered patent agent
- Experience in marketing new intellectual property and negotiating technology licensing agreements.
- Ability to analyze, understand and draft legal agreements.
- Possess 3-5 years of experience with Intellectual Property.
Prince Sultan University values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
To apply for the position, please provide your CV and a motivation letter through this [Google Form].
In the motivation letter, please specify in detail your background relevant to the position and your previous experience, in addition, why are you interested in this position and how would you contribute if recruited.
To be considered for this position, please download, complete and attach the PSU Application form, with a covering letter in the space below.
Apply for Intellectual Property Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly