Technology Transfer Specialist
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties of the Technology Transfer Specialist include:
- Act as a bridge between the University, industry and government
- Encourages R&D and technology commercialization and manages its processes
- Provides support to faculty members, researchers and University stakeholders with creating startups
- Performs technology readiness level assessment
- Bring investors to support R&D initiatives and attract grants
- Attract industrial partners for R&D collaboration
- Develop outreach and entrepreneurial training to faculty, researchers and students
- Manage the research commercialization process from the idea to the market
- Assess the marketability potential of a proposed technology
- Perform technology assessments
- Develop marketing and licensing strategies
- Other related duties as assigned
Education and Professional Work Experience
- The candidate must already have experience as a Technology Transfer Specialist with proven outcomes. He must be knowledgeable in both business, marketing and technology and have worked with industry.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Has considerable knowledge in legal aspects of business, technology transfer and licensing.
- Has Excellent communication skills both in Arabic and in English
- Demonstrates the expertise to negotiate business opportunities and licensing deals
- Demonstrates high problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external organizations, groups, team leaders and members, and individuals.
- Registered patent agent
- Experience in marketing new intellectual property and negotiating technology licensing agreements.
- Ability to analyze, understand and draft legal agreemex
- Possess 3-5 years of experience with technology transfer or commercialization.
Prince Sultan University values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
To apply for the position, please provide your CV and a motivation letter through this [Google Form].
In the motivation letter, please specify in detail your background relevant to the position and your previous experience, in addition, why are you interested in this position and how would you contribute if recruited.
To be considered for this position, please download, complete and attach the PSU Application form, with a covering letter in the space below.
Apply for Technology Transfer Specialist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly