Faculty Position in College of Law
The College of Law is seeking female applicants with the ranks of Assistant Professor/Associate Professor/Professor in Law for the Academic Year 2021/2022, with expectation to start with us in January 2022. The post holder is expected to teach a range of courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
Qualified candidate is encouraged to apply. Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Law (preferred post-PhD experience and credentials including significant legal practice, teaching, and research). Prior law school teaching and excellent classroom management skills are required for all positions. A strong record of research or potential for high quality research is preferred for all positions. We welcome candidates across all areas of law, although subject areas of particular interest include criminal law, administrative law and civil law. Preference will be given to bilingual candidates with strong research record and potential.
If you have any questions about the position, please email the College of Law as indicated below.
ABOUT The College of Law:
In September 2006, PSU initiated the first bilingual legal education program in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The Bachelor program was designed in consultation with the local and overseas law professors with the intention to tailor a program for the needs and demands of legal professionals for today’s world. It has a strong faculty of law and enjoys growing numbers of ambitious students. In 2016 we have been fully accredited by the National Commission for Academic Accreditation and Assessment (NCAAA), and the College is currently seeking international program and institutional accreditations. In 2016 the College established a master program to serve the legal market needs. The courses offered in the program are contemporary, exposing graduates to the international dimensions of commercial law. The program has been designed to equip graduates with research, and professional skills that are needed in the local and international job markets.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The University is continuously expanding and its campus is situated in well-equipped new premises in north-central Riyadh.
- We offer a one-year renewable contract (renewable subject to Dean/Director and student evaluation) and a competitive salary package based on academic qualification, rank and teaching experience as stated above;
- Other benefits include: medical insurance coverage for the employee & dependents residing within the Kingdom, (spouse & 4 children below 24 years of age);
- Transport allowance;
- Round trip tickets (maximum 4: employee, spouse and 2 children below 18 years of age) for annual leave with paid annual (summer) vacation of two (2) months, plus 2 local paid holidays of about 15 days each (as applicable);
- Tuition fees of Saudi Riyals 30,000 maximum for children attending school within the Kingdom. Details will be specified in the contract.
- Free, furnished accommodation plus essential utilities and maintenance will be provided subject to availability, OR the successful candidate will be provided a housing allowance based on academic rank.
- End-of-service yearly gratuity, which starts on the 2nd year of continuous service (if candidate completed a minimum of 2 years.)
ABOUT PRINCE SULTAN UNIVERSITY
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia to have been awarded ACCREDITATION by the NCAAA (National Commission for Assessment & Academic Accreditation). Further, it is the youngest university to have achieved such a milestone.
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia and emphasizes excellence in teaching, research and community services. PSU offers a Preparatory Year Program in which students develop their English, Mathematics, Computer, and Physical Education/Health and Recreation skills to the standards required for study in the following English-medium undergraduate courses:
- Computer and Information Systems
- Finance, Marketing, and Accounting
- Aviation Management
- Architecture and Interior Design
- English, Translation and Applied Linguistics
PSU also offers graduate programs leading to:
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Computer Information Systems
- Master in Software Engineering/Cyber Security (MSE/MCS)
- Master in Commercial Law
Consistent with current cultural norms in Saudi Arabia, female students, faculty, and administration are segregated from their male counterparts in all aspects of the programs.
Prince Sultan University values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your cover letter and CV (in one PDF document) to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Write this code in the SUBJECT of your email: PSU2021LAW otherwise, your information will not be identified by the system.).
To be considered for this position, please download, complete and attach the PSU Application form, with a covering letter in the space below.
Apply for Faculty Position in College of Law
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly