Faculty Position Software Engineering
The College of Computer and Information Science at Prince Sultan University aims to provide world class education in Computing, Information Systems and Engineering for both undergraduate and graduate programs. The College offers Bachelors of Computer Science, Bachelors of Information Systems, Bachelors of Software Engineering, Master of Software Engineering and Master of Cyber Security programs. The Bachelor of Computer Science program and the Information Systems programs are ABET accredited, the Software Engineering Program is expected to attain ABET accreditation status in 2022.
The Department of Software Engineering at Prince Sultan University seeks applicants with the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Full Professor for the up-coming Academic Year 2022/2023, which starts in September 2022. Qualified Candidates with suitable experience in academic and industry who are able to contribute in the areas of:
- Software Requirements Engineering
- Design & Architecture
- Quality Assurance
- Testing, Construction
- Project Management
The position requires a PhD Degree in Software Engineering or equivalent. A suitable candidate would demonstrate:
- Quality teaching and learning delivery approaches.
- A track record of or potential to securing external funding and producing high-quality, independent and collaborative research.
- A track record of or evidence of potential for publication in leading international peer reviewed journals (ISI and Scopus Q1, Q2).
- Experience in supervising undergraduate and postgraduate research students.
- The ability to develop new areas of curriculum should the need arise.
The commencement level will be determined based on the candidate’s skills, experience and knowledge.
Successful candidates will be expected to teach courses at the undergraduate and graduate level, conduct research, supervise student work and engage in academic scholarship and administrative work towards the college and the community.
For further details about Software Engineering undergraduate program, please refer to the website: https://www.psu.edu.sa/CCIS/se
For further details about Software Engineering graduate program, please refer to the website: https://www.psu.edu.sa/CCIS/ms-se
SALARY AND BENEFITS
The University is continuously expanding and its campus is situated in well-equipped new premises in north-central Riyadh.
- We offer a one-year renewable contract (renewable subject to Dean/Director and student evaluation) and a competitive salary package based on academic qualification, rank and teaching experience as stated above;
- Other benefits include: medical insurance coverage for the employee & dependents residing within the Kingdom, (spouse & 4 children below 24 years of age);
- Transport allowance;
- Round trip tickets (maximum 4: employee, spouse and 2 children below 18 years of age) for annual leave with paid annual (summer) vacation of two (2) months, plus 2 local paid holidays of about 15 days each (as applicable);
- Tuition fees of Saudi Riyals 30,000 maximum for children attending school within the Kingdom. Details will be specified in the contract.
- Free, furnished accommodation plus essential utilities and maintenance will be provided subject to availability, OR the successful candidate will be provided a housing allowance based on academic rank.
- End-of-service yearly gratuity, which starts on the 2nd year of continuous service (if candidate completed a minimum of 2 years.)
ABOUT PRINCE SULTAN UNIVERSITY
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia to have been awarded ACCREDITATION by the National Center for Academic Accreditation and evAluation (NCAAA). Further, it is the youngest university to have achieved such a milestone.
Prince Sultan University is the first private university in Saudi Arabia and emphasizes excellence in teaching, research and community services. PSU offers a Preparatory Year Program in which students develop their English, Mathematics, Computer, and Physical Education/Health and Recreation skills to the standards required for study in the following English-medium undergraduate courses:
- Computer and Information Systems
- Finance, Marketing, and Accounting
- Aviation Management
- Architecture and Interior Design
- English, Translation and Applied Linguistics
PSU also offers graduate programs leading to:
- Master in Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Computer Information Systems
- Master in Software Engineering/Cyber Security (MSE/MCS)
- Master in Commercial Law
Consistent with current cultural norms in Saudi Arabia, female students, faculty, and administration are segregated from their male counterparts in all aspects of the programs.
Prince Sultan University values the diversity of its staff and students and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates should submit a detailed CV with a cover letter providing detailed research statement and a teaching statement.
To be considered for this position, please download, complete and attach the PSU Application form, with a covering letter in the space below.
Apply for Faculty Position Software Engineering
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly