Research Assistant in Energy, Water, and Environment
The newly established research lab “Energy, Water, and Environment” EWE at Prince Sultan University is seeking to recruit an experienced research assistant with a good background primarily in physics and chemistry in addition to exceptional technical skills.
Main duties & responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Ensure health and safety measures of the research lab and regulations of users are maintained and respected
- Daily operation of the equipment (sample preparation, perform measurement, data collection and analysis, …)
- Calibration of equipment
- Ensure Consumables of equipment are in stock and place order, when necessary,
- Basic maintenance of equipment,
- Perform experiments for students, staff, and stakeholders
- Write technical report when needed (consultancy)
- Assist in laboratory quality control and data management
- Compile data for progress reports
- Develop assessment and evaluation tools for equipment and measurements protocol
The research assistant should be familiar with several analytical and spectroscopic techniques such as but not limited to XRD, FTIR, UV-Vis-NIR, SEM/EDS, Raman, BET, VSM/SQUID, furnaces, and so on.
Requirements includes but not limited to:
- MSc with honor in Science, Engineering, or related fields
- Good experimental and technical skills using research equipment in science and engineering
- Health and safety of research labs
- Good fundamental knowledge of spectroscopic and analytical techniques
- Writing technical reports and research papers
- Excellent time management and multitask mindset
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent communication skills
For more details about the Research Assistant position, please visit this link: RESEARCH ASSISTANT & RESEARCH ENGINEER
Position details and benefits:
- The employment will be based on a one-year contract renewable upon mutual agreement up to 4 years.
- PSU offers a competitive salary and other benefits.
#PSU_EWE (Use this code in the Email subject when applying)
- Cover letter, including motivation and research experience and skills
- Curriculum vitae including a full list of publications and the contact details of at least two references
- Undergraduate and graduate certificates and transcripts.
Tel: + 966 11 494 8061
To be considered for this position, please download, complete and attach the PSU Application form, with a covering letter in the space below.