Research Awards Manager
Location: Southampton Science Park, Chilworth
Salary: £31,406 to £38,587 per annum
Full Time Permanent
Closing Date: Monday 11 July 2022
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Who are we?
This role will be working in the National Institute for Health and Care Research (NIHR), Evaluation, Trials and Studies Coordinating Centre, (NETSCC), which sits within the School of Healthcare, Enterprise and Innovation. NETSCC is made up of a diverse workforce from many different backgrounds and includes managers, academics, clinicians, researchers and support staff. We manage the identifying, prioritising, funding, delivery, publication and dissemination of high-quality research to improve the health and wealth of the nation.
What will you be doing?
As a Research Awards Manager in the NETSCC Finance team you will contribute to the research management process by ensuring the correct funding rules are followed. You will be supporting the senior finance managers to provide advice on financial and contractual aspects of new funding applications and on-going research projects. You will also ensure that all financial records are kept updated and are accurate.
Who are we looking for?
The work that we do at NETSCC is quite a unique finance role and we are able to offer training to ensure you are able to undertake all elements of the role. Some of the key skills we look for in a candidate are:
- Relevant financial qualification or equivalent work experience - an accountancy qualification can be advantageous but is not essential
- Confident in the use of MS Office Suite particularly Excel
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexible approach to work and able to revaluate and reprioritise your workload
- Collaborative worker
- Willingness to learn
How do we look after you?
We understand our people are at the heart of what we do and we are passionate about looking after them. As an employee of the university you will enjoy all the benefits that come with this including:
- Generous Holiday allowance of 30 days holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + 6 University Closure days
- Excellent Family Friendly policies
- Hybrid Working
- Salary Sacrifice benefits including: AXA Private Healthcare, BUPA Dental Plan, Cycle scheme
- Excellent career development and training opportunities
- Generous Pension Scheme
- Friendly and pleasant working environment.
- For a full list of benefits click here
We are proactive in fostering a culture of inclusion, respect, and equality of opportunity. We select candidates based on merit and ability and aspire to thrive in the diversity of our workforce. We welcome applications from all candidates with an interest in the role and those who are committed to helping us create an inclusive work environment.
For further information or an informal discussion, please contact Lisa O’Rourke, Senior Finance Manager, email email@example.com.
Click “Apply Online” to submit your application. The application deadline will be midnight on the closing date stated above. If you need any assistance, please call Holly Shergold (HR Recruitment Team) on 02380595719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote reference 1814822VB-R on all correspondence.