Project Coordinator, Technical Services
- Full Time
- Full time, continuing role
- Exciting opportunity to oversee security projects across the campuses
- Base salary $109,663 plus 17% Superannuation
About the opportunity
The Project Coordinator, Technical Services will provide overall project management and guidance to support implementation of key strategies and programs of work for the Protective Services team across Divisions/Faculty/PSU. Projects may include managing the commission and delivery of electronic and mechanical security systems, delivering cross functional security projects to meet divisional objectives and supporting continuous improvement projects for the team. The incumbent will also be required to manage and oversee project organisation such as developing the project organisation structure, the project charter, workforce plans and project processes and resources required to support implementation. Management of stakeholders and communications to ensure effective collaboration between all involved will be important to success
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- manage overall project organisation and establishment
- identify and map key project resources required to establish and commence delivery of project, including technology, equipment and other physical resources
- coordinate and support projects to increase our emergency management capabilities
- monitor project budgets and implement effective cost controls
- provide effective project management of activities and deliverables ensuring the delivery of high quality outcomes is realised within set budget parameters and agreed time frames
- identify and analyse emerging risks and threats to the program implementation and recommend mitigation, minimisation or elimination
- manage project suppliers, equipment resourcing to ensure project deliverables are achieved
- experience project management or project coordination of large scale equipment supply and installation
- experience managing a diverse group of key internal and external stakeholders
- monitoring project budgets and advising on methods to control costs
- accuracy, attention to detail and sound planning and forward thinking approach
- highly organised with the ability to keep a structure to their day
- experience in security systems would be advantageous
- experience in emergency management highly regarded.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Sponsorship / work rights for Australia
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident.
Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
If you are a current employee of the University or a contingent worker with access to Workday, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Sajad Bahram, Recruitment Operations, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Tuesday 05 July 2022 11:59 PM