Executive / Senior Executive, Analytics Specialist
This position supports the University to implement data-driven decisions by executing analytics projects with relevant stakeholders that cover all tasks in the various phases of the CRISP-DM framework. He/She also supports training and assists in other matters to contribute to the effective and efficient functioning of the Business Intelligence and Analytics department.
- Design analytics projects to meet specified objectives
- Carry out data preparation, including cleaning, transforming, validating and exploring data
- Build, diagnose, validate, and improve the performance of analytics models to support decision making
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to develop and deploy analytics findings and models
- Develop BI reports and dashboards to facilitate the translation of findings and models
- Keep abreast of latest developments in analytics and subsequently ideate and implement the methodologies to solve potential business problems
- Contribute to the efficient and effective functioning of BI&A
- Prepare presentation materials and make presentations to relevant stakeholders
- Organise and provide training to the Schools and other departments in SUSS
- Communicate the findings and make recommendations to the relevant stakeholders
- Prepare reports/papers and handle other administrative tasks
- A good undergraduate or graduate degree in a relevant field (e.g., Mathematics, Statistics, Psychometrics, Econometrics, Business Analytics or Data Science) from a recognised University
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a relevant position. Fresh graduates can also apply.
- Expertise in data reporting, analysis and analytics
- Experience in and knowledge of modeling techniques, predictive analytics techniques. In particular, knowledge of machine learning, statistical techniques, data mining (regression, generalized linear models, decision trees, clustering, random forests, etc.).
- Expertise in data mining and statistics software such as SAS, SPSS Modeler, etc.
- Familiarity with dashboard software such as Power BI, Qliksense or Tableau.
- Experience with R or Python are an advantage
- Mature, meticulous and possess high level of discretion and integrity
- Effective interpersonal skills with excellent command of written and spoken English
- Resourceful team player who is able to work independently and display initiative
- Ability to communicate well so as to act as liaison and help reach out to stakeholders, such as faculty and admin staff from other departments and divisions as well as associates and other stakeholders