Senior Systems Analyst I / II, Executive / Senior Executive
This position focuses on working with the Campus IT Services team, Users and Vendors to support the strategic directions and businesses of SUSS by designing, developing, delivering, maintaining, enhancing and supporting the assigned application systems.
- Analyze user's requirements, include determining feasibility, cost, time and resources required, compatibility with current systems, potential problem area and recommending solutions for projects
- Assist in managing both in-house and out-sourced projects to meet project scope, budget and schedule with proper project plan that is closely monitored and if necessary, adjusted
- Define, design, develop, test and deploy application to meet the needs of the organization
- Responsible for the maintenance of application changes due to user requests or upgrade of operating systems, database systems and/or third-part software.
- Provide application support and advice to user to enable the effective and efficient use of the applications, including conducting application training to users, troubleshooting and resolving hardware, software, connectivity, user access and component configuration problems.
- Responsible for creation of all system documentations, and to ensure that they are kept up to date.
- Work closely with external vendors and internal uses in the development/support of the new system
- Ensure the system is working smoothly when it goes ‘live’
- Assist internal users in their daily usage of the application
- To assist manager in all other assigned duties
- To assist in the general administrative function of the department
- Participate in university-wide events
- Degree in information technology or equivalent. Open to recent graduates with relevant internship or part-time experience and skillsets. Relevant years of work experience will be a plus.
- Experience in web based application development with full SDLC
- Hands on experience with the Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
- Able to take challenges, work independently or as a team, and be self-driven to learn new technologies
- Possess strong technical competencies, analytical, good interpersonal skills and services oriented