Associate Professor in Ecology, Applied Meteorology, Agricultural Resources and Environment
Full-time Associate Professor in Ecology, Applied Meteorology, Agricultural Resources and Environment
Applications are invited for three full-time Associate Professor in Ecology, Applied Meteorology, Agricultural Resources and Environment at School of Applied Meteorology, Nanjing University of Information Science & Technology (NUIST).
The School was founded by China’s outstanding agricultural meteorologist Mr. Feng Xiuzao. There are 3 B.S. programmes in Applied Meteorology (including Public Meteorological Service direction), Ecology, and Agricultural Resources and Environment, 3 M.S. programmes in Applied Meteorology, Ecology, and Agricultural Resources and Environment, and 2 Ph.D. programmes in Applied Meteorology and Environmental Ecology in the School. The major of Applied Meteorology is a Provincial Feature Major, Provincial Brand Major and has been ranked A++ in national evaluation successively. The discipline of Atmospheric Science is a National Key Dscipline and Provincial Advantageous Discipline and has been ranked No. 1 in national discipline evaluations conducted by the Ministry of Education of China successively. The School undertakes the teaching task in agricultural meteorology for the World Meteorological Organization Regional Training Center (WMO RTC) located at NUIST. The School is a member institute of the Agricultural Meteorology and Ecology Committee of the China Meteorological Society.
The post is based in the modern city of Nanjing, capital of Jiangsu province, with easy access to public transportation, international airports, convenient stores, hospitals etc.
Applications are invited for positions of Associate Professor. The appointee is expected to teach courses and do research in applied meteorology, ecology, and agronomy.
- Ph.D. or equivalent degree in meteorology, ecology, agronomy, or a field related to environmental sciences
- Appropriate research experience in any basic or applied area of atmospheric science, agronomy, or ecology
- High proficiency in English
- Ability to teach courses in applied meteorology, ecology, or agronomy
- Postdoctoral experience
- Teaching expertise in meteorology, ecology, or agronomy-related areas
- University level teaching experience
- Experienced in research of ecosystem carbon sequestration, ecosystem modeling, or intelligent agriculture
- Annual salary of RMB 350,000-1000,000 RMB (before tax)
- A settling-in allowance of 100,000+ RMB (RMB) depending on qualifications and experience
- Social insurance
- International travel allowance of 10,000-15,000 RMB per year
For outstanding candidates, the salary and welfare are negotiable.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter, a CV, a scanned passport image copy, and the names, titles and contact information of at least two references.
Closing date: 31 December 2022
Apply for Associate Professor in Ecology, Applied Meteorology, Agricultural Resources and Environment
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly