Faculty of Health Services and Management / Health Economics
THE COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCES
The College of Health Sciences (CHS) aims to advance heath care in Vietnam and the world through leading education, innovative research and technology.
Our mission is:
- Committed to developing world-class research and providing outstanding health care education
- To pioneer the country’s health sciences education and reform
- To attract and develop healthcare leaders to advance health sciences locally and globally.
Our strategic partner within Vingroup is Vinmec Healthcare System – the leading private, not-for-profit health care provider in Vietnam, which currently encompasses 7 hospitals and 4 outpatient clinics throughout Vietnam (with more than 1,600 beds), together with its medical research institutes and centers. Vinmec is the only healthcare provider in Vietnam offering 2 hospitals with Joint-Commission International (JCI) accreditation (in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh city). The Vinmec Times City in Hanoi is our primary teaching hospital for College of Health Sciences. It received the first JCI accreditation in 2015, the re-accreditation in 2018 and is currently the only teaching hospital in Vietnam with JCI recognition.
With a vision to advance health care through research, the College of Health Sciences will also offer research opportunities in all our programs and provide a supportive research environment for our faculty and students. Taking advantage of being in the ecosystem of Vingroup with a number of technology and service-oriented companies such as Vinpearl, VinHomes, VinFast, VinSmart, etc., the College will cooperate closely with these companies in research to create breakthrough technology & healthcare products and solutions.
Currently, the College offers undergraduate degree programs in Nursing and Medicine while there are three residency programs offered i.e., in Internal Medicine, Surgery and Pediatrics. All of the health sciences programs are competency-based, developed with University of Pennsylvania’s technical support. With UPenn’s certified and validated curricula, world-class international and Vietnamese faculty members, modern pedagogical approaches, and infrastructure at the forefront of technology, we will prepare our students to become healthcare leaders, innovators and scientists with entrepreneurial mindset and as prospective agents of change in the future.
The College of Health Sciences at VinUniversity in Hanoi invites applications for a position of Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor of Health Economics and Health Services.
- Teach Health Economy and Health Services with special focus on the role of innovation in health care delivery, research methodology and data analysis courses for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Provide leadership in designing studies on health services research focusing on healthcare delivery science and healthcare innovation. Design, lead and execute studies in collaboration with Vinmec Health Care System to test new approac
- hes to delivery of care and improvement of the patient experience and health outcomes.
- Provide support and expertise in these areas, as a member of Population and Clinical Research program of the VinUniversity/ Vinmec Healthcare System Research Consortium.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
- Have a PhD Health Economics, Health Services, Health System/ Management or a related field.
- Teaching experience: At least 1 year experience teaching health science students
- Research experience: At least 3 research publications as first author or co-author in peer-reviewed journal or other scholarly work
- Ability to design, conduct and lead health services analytical and intervention studies, with strong methodological skills.
- Ability to initiate and sustain an extramurally funded (independent or collaborative) research agenda.
- Area of interest include: Health Services and Health Economics with special focus on the role of innovation. Behavioral interventions in the community and clinical settings aimed at preventing and treating diseases and improving health outcomes, health.
- Academic credentials and experiences are preferred (especially those who are qualified as associate/ full professors)
- English level: Proficiency to work with international experts and ACGME-I accreditation team
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills
- Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
The salary and benefits are internationally competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply via https://apply.interfolio.com/108633 and submit (1) a cover letter, (2) a resume and (3) two recommendation letters.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
LIVING AND WORKING IN HANOI, VIETNAM
- Work permit: VinUniversity will assist in and provide advice for obtaining the necessary paperwork needed for employment in Vietnam (visa, work permit, insurance, etc.). However, it is your responsibility to ensure that you can satisfy all the paper requirements in a timely manner.
- According to Vietnamese Law, expatriates are required to submit all necessary documents for a work permit on the first day in Vietnam. For more information about the necessary documents, please refer to the information in this link.
- Living costs: Vietnam has a comparatively low cost of living and expatriates can live a very comfortable life here with a moderate expenditure.
VinUniversity (VinUni: https://vinuni.edu.vn/) is the first private, not-for-profit Vietnamese university established based on international standards. The university integrates the models of excellent international universities with the unique cultural and economic characteristics of Vietnam, to make a breakthrough in Vietnamese higher education and to become a world-class university.
VinUni has strategic collaborations with the world’s leading universities, including Cornell University and the University of Pennsylvania. These universities have become close advisors and crucial enablers in establishing the three colleges at VinUni: College of Business and Management, College of Engineering and Computer Science, and College of Health Sciences. Every aspect of the University: its curricula, research, faculty, student body, facilities, and campus life, is being developed to meet the highest standards set by the world’s leading accrediting and ranking organizations, such as ABET, AACSB, Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) and Times Higher Education (THE).
VinUni’s founding benefactor Vingroup is one of the biggest private conglomerates in Asia with the largest market capitalization value in Vietnam. As a multisector corporation, Vingroup focuses on three main areas: Technology; Industrials; and Property Services. VinUni is proud to be a part of the Vingroup ecosystem, giving its students opportunities to connect with several high quality research institutes (such as VinAI, VinBrain, and Vin BigData), pioneering industrial enterprises (such as VinSmart and VinFast), and leading Vietnamese companies (such as Vinpearl, Vincom Retail, Vinmec, and Vinhomes)