Research Fellow, Regional Evaluation and Impact
- Australian Institute of Business Economics (AIBE)
- Academic Level B
- Fixed-term position until March 2024
- Applications Close Wednesday 13th July at 11:00 pm AEST (R-12675)
About This Opportunity
The primary purpose of the Research Fellow is to undertake evaluation and impact research in regional economic development.
Key Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Participate in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis including managing design and collection of
- Conduct monitoring, evaluation and impact research in Australian and overseas projects.
- Manage or support the management of relevant research and development projects.
- Conceptualise and write-up research findings for multiple audiences including industry, government and refereed journal publications.
- Write research and project funding proposals.
Service and Engagement
- When appropriate, undertake the delivery of workshops and other teaching related activities.
- Attend meetings relating to the research project.
- Foster and manage relations with industry, government departments, professional bodies and the wider community, in conjunction with your supervisor.
- Any other duties as directed by your supervisor.
- Ensure you are aware of and comply with legislation and University policy relevant to the duties undertaken, including but not exclusive to:
- the University’s Code of Conduct
- requirements of the Queensland occupational health and safety (OH&S) legislation and related OH&S responsibilities and procedures developed by the University or Institute/School
- the adoption of sustainable practices in all work activities and compliance with associated legislation and related University sustainability responsibilities and procedures
- requirements of the Education Services for Overseas Students Act 2000, the National Code 2007 and associated legislation, and related responsibilities and procedures developed by the University
The position reports to Professor of Regional Economic and Policy Development.
- PhD, other relevant equivalent qualifications or significant experience in regional development, economics or a related field.
- Knowledge and experience of evaluation techniques and impact assessments.
- Relevant expertise in conducting and managing multidisciplinary research projects, particularly relating to regional economic development.
- Extensive experience in design and implementation of impact and evaluation research, cost benefit analysis, statistical analysis, qualitative and quantitative research.
- Demonstrated engagement with regional communities or work in regional contexts.
- Well-developed communication, interpersonal and consultative skills and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues from a multidisciplinary background.
- Experience with writing grants and funding proposals.
- Commitment to upholding the University’s values, and with the outstanding personal qualities of openness, respectfulness and integrity
- Excellent project management, organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines.
What We Can Offer
This is a full-time fixed-term position through to March 2024 at Level B.
The full-time equivalent base salary will be in the range
$101,533.66 - $120,570.86 plus super of up to 17%. The total FTE package will be in the range $118,794.38 - $141,067.91 per annum.
The following flexible employment options may be available for this role:
Part time/job share; some working from home; variable start or finish times; compressed hours; purchased leave; flex-time.
For further information about UQ’s benefits, please visit Why Work at UQ and review The University of Queensland's Enterprise Bargaining Agreement 2018 - 2021.
To discuss this role please contact Professor Hurriyet Babacan at firstname.lastname@example.org
For application queries, please contact email@example.com stating the job reference number in the subject line.
Want to Apply?
All applicants must upload the following documents in order for your application to be considered:
- Cover letter addressing the ‘About You’ section
Please note that you will be asked to add all documents into the one upload box during the application form.
About The Selection Process
To satisfy pre-requisite questions and ensure your application can be considered in full, all candidates must apply via the UQ Careers portal by the job closing deadline or will not be accepted.
Work Rights: You must have unrestricted work rights in Australia for the duration of this appointment to apply. Visa sponsorship is not available for this appointment.
Background Checks: All final applicants for this position may be asked to consent to a criminal record check. Please note that people with criminal records are not automatically barred from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
We value diversity and inclusion, and actively encourage applications from those who bring diversity to the University. Our Diversity and Inclusion webpage contains further information if you require additional support. Accessibility requirements and/or adjustments can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are a current employee of the University, or hold an unpaid or affiliate appointment with the University, please login to your staff Workday account and visit the internal careers board to apply for this opportunity. Please do NOT apply via the external job board.