Part Time Lecturer in Environmental Management and Sustainable Development
The School of Biological Sciences together with The Institute for Global Food Security (IGFS) at Queen’s University Belfast, is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate to the post of fixed term Lecturer (0.8FTE) in Environmental Management and Sustainable Development. This is a fixed term maternity cover post for 10 months.
The School of Biological Sciences together with IGFS provide and facilitate a vibrant and integrated research environment, conducting globally competitive and sustainable research that addresses major challenges and develops solutions to many of the global challenges that we face today.
In the most recent Research Exercise Framework (REF2021) we are ranked No 1 in the UK for Agriculture, Food & Veterinary Sciences with 94% of research in these areas "world-leading" or "internationally excellent".
The School holds Athena SWAN Gold status, which recognises significant and sustained achievement in gender equality across higher education and research and its ongoing dedication to representation, progress and success for all.
The successful candidate will be expected to teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels and support the School and Institute in providing high-quality student support in line with our teaching and learning strategy, fully utilising digital innovative platforms. The successful candidate will lead independent research in line with the School/Institute research strategy.
We welcome applications from individuals with a diverse academic background that can demonstrate high quality outputs, enthusiasm and a commitment to excellence and innovation.
The successful candidate must have and your CV/Cover letter (or application form) should clearly demonstrate you have:
- Honours degree or equivalent in Biological Science, Environmental Management, Sustainable Development, or an area relevant to the job purpose.
- PhD or equivalent in an area relevant to the job purpose.
Research experience and profile which complements the research priorities of the School’s disciplinary groupings and the Institute for Global Food Security with:
- A minimum of 3 years research experience in a relevant field
- A publication record (or be about to publish) in peer reviewed journals /conference papers
- Research experience in Environmental Management and Sustainable Development
- Experience of developing research methodologies, models, approaches and techniques (Established Lecturer only)
- Experience of presentations at national and international meetings and conferences (Established Lecturer only).
Please note the above are not an exhaustive list. For further information about the role including the essential and desirable criteria please click the Candidate Information link below.
This is a part-time, fixed term post for 10 months, 0.8FTE.
Fixed term contract posts are available for the stated period in the first instance but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to availability of funding.
At Queen’s our people are at the heart of everything we do. As a staff member you will become part of a vibrant organisational culture, which will provide you with the opportunity to achieve your full potential and enhance your career through a continuous focus on learning and development.
We offer an excellent employment package that includes:
- Great terms & conditions
- Pension schemes
- Flexible working by enabling you to design your working week in collaboration with your manager through a blend of remote and office working
- Family-friendly initiatives
- Career development opportunities
- Support for health & mental wellbeing
- Generous holiday entitlement of 8 weeks a year (made up of 23 days annual leave, 10 closure days and 9 bank holidays)
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equality of opportunity to all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing staff networks such as iRise (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) which help us progress equality.
We also subscribe to Equality Charter Marks such as the Diversity Charter Mark NI in addition to Athena Swan. For further information on our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, please visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi and www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/
Informal enquiries may be directed to: Dr Jude Stephens email@example.com