Programme Officer/Senior Programme Officer, Department of Computing and Decision Sciences
Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts institution in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is committed to the provision of quality whole-person education by combining the best of Chinese and Western liberal arts traditions. It strives to pursue excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship and community engagement. With three academic Faculties, it offers a wide range of undergraduate degree programmes in arts, business and social sciences. Lingnan’s liberal arts education is characterised by a broad-based interdisciplinary curriculum with specialised disciplinary studies; close student-staff relationship; a vibrant residential campus; ample global learning opportunities; active community engagement and multifarious workplace experience. The School of Graduate Studies also offers postgraduate programmes up to doctoral level in various disciplines and provides professional education for the wider society.
Applications are now invited for the following post:
(Post Ref.: 21/336)
The appointee is expected to assume a great variety of administrative responsibilities for the Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence and Business Analytics Programme.
Major duties include but not limited to:
- Processing applications and handling admission and registration matters
- Assisting the Programme Coordinator in promoting the self-financed programme
- Providing secretarial support to the Programme Coordinator, and various committees
- Handling student-related matters, and providing counter services
- Dealing with enquiries and maintaining programme-related information and knowledge
- Liaising with other department and units, applicants and professional bodies on the programme-related matters such as student admissions, registrations, and programme recognitions
- Following up any other assignments as appropriate
- A recognized Bachelor or Master degree in related fields
- Proficiency in data analysis and graphic design softwares
- Understanding of the tertiary education system in China
- Fluency in Chinese and English (fluent in Mandarin is preferable)
Occasional work on irregular hours including evenings, Saturdays and Sundays may be required. Travels to the Mainland or other places may also be required.
Salary and Benefits
The rank and commencing salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits, where applicable, include annual leave, medical and dental benefits, mandatory provident fund and gratuity.
Application Procedure (online application only)
Please click "Apply Now" to submit your application. Applicants should provide names and contact information of at least three referees to whom applicants’ consent has been given for their providing references. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Review of applications will continue until the post is filled. Qualified candidates are advised to submit their applications early for consideration.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, or to fill the post by invitation or by search. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.