Postdoctoral Research Associate in Porous Materials for Hydrogen Storage
- Full time 2-year fixed term, located on the Camperdown Campus at the School of Chemistry
- Opportunity to make valuable contributions to research in porous materials for hydrogen storage and delivery
- Base Salary Level A $95K - $98K p.a. + 17% superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint a Postdoctoral Research Associate to work on a project relating to developing porous materials for hydrogen storage. The Research Associate will work under the supervision of Cameron Kepert and Lauren Macreadie and be part of the Rux Energy team in the School of Chemistry at the University of Sydney.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- undertake research in MOF and other porous material chemistry
- publication of research papers
- demonstrate research excellence
- assist with grant writing and publishing original work
- support the supervision of undergraduate and postgraduate students.
The School of Chemistry at the University of Sydney is a leading Chemistry department in the country, with outstanding staff and students undertaking world-leading teaching and research. Our more than 30 academic staff, 100 research staff, and 100 research students conduct research across the full spectrum of pure and applied chemistry. Our research excellence is recognised by numerous prizes and awards to individual staff members and the award of over $7 million in research funding each year. With the support of over 30 professional, technical and administrative staff, the School of Chemistry administers and delivers undergraduate teaching for about 2500 students. We are committed to creating a diverse workplace by improving equity, access and opportunity, and we are continuously working to identify and remove biases and barriers in an effort to make our workplace open, supportive and safe for everyone.
To learn more about the School of Chemistry, click here
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Postdoctoral Research Associate who has:
- a PhD (or near completion) in Chemistry or Chemical Engineeringspecialising in Chemistry or a cognate discipline
- synthetic organic chemistry skills
- experience in the synthesis and structural characterisation of porous materials
- experience in powder X-ray diffraction (PXRD) characterisation
- high level communication skills and ability to network effectively and interact with a diverse range of students and staff
- demonstrated ability to work in a team, collaborate across disciplines and build effective relationships.
- evidence of highly developed interpersonal and organisational skills
- highly proficient in the preparation of manuscripts for publication.
- use of software required for PXRD (ie. GSAS, TOPAS)
- experience in single crystal X-ray diffraction and processing data to publishable formats
- knowledgeable in the work-up of gas adsorption data for MOF materials
- demonstrated experience working with industry
- proficient in the preparation of reports for industry.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
How to apply
Applications (including a cover letter, CV, and any additional supporting documentation) can be submitted via the Apply button at the top of the page.
Please note in your covering letter please indicate which role you are interested in aligned with your skill set.
For employees of the University or contingent workers, please login into your Workday account and navigate to the Career icon on your Dashboard. Click on USYD Find Jobs and apply.
For a confidential discussion about the role, or if you require reasonable adjustment or support filling out this application, please contact Helen Efstathiou, Recruitment Consultant. Recruitment Operations, Human Resources on +61 2 8627 7137 or by email email@example.com
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.
Click to view the Position Description for this role.
Wednesday 20 July 2022 11:59 PM