Assistant Teaching Officer, Department of Management
Lingnan University, a distinctive liberal arts institution in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, is committed to the provision of quality whole-person education by combining the best of Chinese and Western liberal arts traditions. It strives to pursue excellence in teaching, learning, scholarship and community engagement. With three academic Faculties, it offers a wide range of undergraduate degree programmes in arts, business and social sciences. Lingnan’s liberal arts education is characterised by a broad-based interdisciplinary curriculum with specialised disciplinary studies; close student-staff relationship; a vibrant residential campus; ample global learning opportunities; active community engagement and multifarious workplace experience. The School of Graduate Studies also offers postgraduate programmes up to doctoral level in various disciplines and provides professional education for the wider society.
Applications are now invited for the following post:
- Provide a wide range of support to the course instructors and students for quality teaching and learning experience
- Provide assistance in course preparation
- Facilitate small team discussion at tutorial sessions under the supervision of the course instructors
- Grading exercises and assignments for the course instructors
- Coordinate various student and alumni activities
- Perform other research and administrative duties assigned by the Head of Department
- A Bachelor’s degree or above
- Good communication and interpersonal skills in both English and Chinese
- Ability to lead a case discussion
- Proactive, willing and able to handle projects in detail
- Proficient in MS office software
Salary and Benefits
Commencing salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointment will be normally made on contract basis for up to 11 months, initially, which, subject to performance and funding availability with potential for a fixed contract depending on the performances and funding availability. Fringe benefits, where applicable, include annual leave, medical and dental benefits, and mandatory provident fund.
Application Procedure (online application only)
Please click "Apply Now" to submit your application. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Review of applications will continue until the post is filled. Qualified candidates are advised to submit their applications early for consideration.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, or to fill the post by invitation or by search. We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.