The Media Producer has a key role in establishing an effective Media Team and meeting our growing demands in 2022 and beyond. You will work collaboratively with highly talented audio visual (AV) specialists and content creators at King's Online to deliver world-class online courses and student experiences.
Working with likeminded creatives, this role takes a holistic approach to media production and covers hands-on production, stakeholder engagement and production management to deliver on ambitious productions in studio, on-location and remotely. You will be responsible for a range of audio and video projects and support on multimedia pieces in collaboration with visual designers who are responsible for animation.
The ideal candidate will have experience in all aspects of media production from building stakeholder relationships to understanding the full production process to creating online deliverables. You will be comfortable working with both audio and video production and technical experience with industry-standard AV equipment and Adobe CC apps will be essential.
The Media Producer will be responsible for translating a client brief, advising the appropriate medium for the audience and objective, conceptualising media solutions for client approval, and taking ownership of the full production process.
The Media Team and wider design teams are highly collaborative, and this role gives an opportunity to contribute to the creative and technical innovations we implement moving forward during this exciting time for King’s Online.
Strong organisational skills, confidence in building stakeholder relationships, collaboration, and clear communication skills are key for this position.
About King’s Online
King’s Online is part of the new School for Professional and Continuing Education, it was formed in 2015 and develops a range of fully online courses and programmes. Following the appointment of a new Director, the team is embarking on an ambitious growth strategy and this is one of several new roles being advertised. You’ll be joining us at an exciting time as we seek to redefine online education and realise King’s strategic ambition of being the leading provider of online and blended learning by 2029.
The role is primarily based at King’s Strand Campus though you may be required to travel to other campuses on occasion. As part of King’s trial of hybrid working, all team members can work remotely for part of the week if they wish.
This post will be offered on an indefinite contract.
This is a full time post - 100% full time equivalent. .
- Build relationships and collaborate with learning designers, content teams and academics from across King’s to create world-leading educational media content.
- Take ownership of pre-production, production, and post-production tasks for specific AV projects, with support from other Media Team specialists, where necessary.
- Represent the Media Team in stakeholder meetings and workshops.
- Support the team with creative ideation and help to drive innovative solutions in response to technological advancements and digital trends.
- Attend shoots and audio recording sessions in-studio, on-location or remotely using apps such as Riverside and Cleanfeed.
- Support members of the Media Team with AV editing, where necessary.
- Bring high-level creative thinking and the confidence to use it.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
1. Experience in working collaboratively with content teams to identify appropriate solutions to a media brief
2. A solid understanding of AV production techniques
3. Experience in using industry-standard AV equipment such as Sony FS5 and Zoom H5
4. Experience in using Adobe CC Premiere Pro and Audition for editing
5. A good understanding of studio, on-location, and virtual production
6. Excellent organisation and communication skills
7. Competent at prioritising workload and managing multiple projects.
1. Knowledge of task management tools, processes, and methodologies
2. Experience of content creation and learning design in an educational environment
3. Knowledge of accessibility legislation, and experience of producing inclusive content.