Research Fellow, Microfluidics
We are seeking to hire a motivated candidate as Research Fellow to work on microfluidics with applications in the areas of wearable sensors at the National University of Singapore. Candidates will have the opportunity to work within an interdisciplinary team to design and fabricate microfluidic technologies as well as with our external collaborators on the testing and validation of these devices in both clinical and industrial settings.
Applicant should have:
- PhD degree in materials science, chemistry, biology, electrical engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or biomedical engineering or its equivalent
- Experience in microfluidics research, microfabrication, cell culture, microscopy and image analysis and machine learning/artificial intelligence is preferred
- Highly motivated, organized and responsible individual who can work independently as well as part of a team
- Be prepared to engage in interdisciplinary research and even develop new research directions
- Proven record of outstanding written, oral presentation and communications skills
- Excellent skills in project management
- Ability to work on grant proposals including writing and reviewing proposal opportunities from government and other sources
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS.
 MOM Updated advisory on COVID-vaccination at the Workplace, subject to changes in accordance with the national COVID-19 measures
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: College of Design and Engineering
Department: Biomedical Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No
Job requisition ID: 11872