Post Doctoral Fellow
The KU Center for Cyber-Physical Systems invites applications for two Post-Doctoral Fellow positions in the field of wireless mobile communications. The Post-Doctoral Fellows will join our externally funded project by TII: “Neural Networks for Signal Processing in Secure IoT Mesh Networks”, under the supervision of the primary investigator, Prof. Sami Muhaidat. The project duration is 18 months. The first objective of the project is to develop machine learning (ML)-based routing protocols and PHY-layer authentication techniques for UAV mesh networks. The second objective is the experimental validations in order to demonstrate the efficiency of the proposed ML approaches in real-time scenarios. This project supports the C2PS KPIs with respect to the external funding strategy.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- The potential candidates are expected to undertake specific research tasks to develop novel machine learning-based solutions to address key challenges in the design and implementation UAV mesh networks. Consideration will be given to those with a strong background in areas such as:
- Artificial Intelligence and machine learning applied to sensor network optimization.
- Resource optimization for energy efficient systems.
- Physical layer security for UAV networks.
- Routing protocols for UAV mesh networks.
Also, candidates are expected to be involved in research center activities, meeting arrangements; writing proposals; compiling, organizing, summarizing and/or presenting requested information; and conducting any other explorations, investigations, and studies relevant to the research project.
- Candidates are expected to be involved in the supervision of MSc. and Ph.D. students within the project. Also, supervise and guide other research associates within the group.
Qualifications & Experience
- Ph.D. in electrical engineering, computer engineering, or a related field
- Excellent knowledge in wireless/digital communications and a strong publication record are required.
- Knowledge in physical-layer security and/or routing protocols for UAV communication networks
- Experience in artificial intelligence and machine learning applied to communication system algorithm optimization.
- Experience in writing scientific publications.
- Strong MATLAB/Python programming skills and written/oral communication skills.
- Experience in designing and prototyping wireless communication systems.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location : KUK – Khalifa University
Job : Post Doctoral Fellow
Schedule : Regular
Shift : Standard
Job Type : Full-time