Research Fellow, Pharmacy
The successful candidate will work with Dr TIAN Chong on organic synthesis under a project on novel supramolecular sensor.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Research tasks (90%): to carry out research to design and synthesize new sensors for future disease diagnosis, and characterize and evaluate them for selectivity.
- Laboratory safety/ordering (10%): to aid in ordering and maintaining lab supplies, create and review standard operating procedures and risk assessments, assemble reagents, chemicals and media that are needed for experiments.
- Qualifications / Discipline:
- PhD of Science required with major in Pharmaceutical sciences or Chemistry. Candidate with strong background in organic synthesis and excellent record of publication is preferred.
- Have an excellent understanding of chemistry.
- Have expertise in multi-step synthesis.
- Communicate well in English in writing and in oral and visual presentations.
- Show an ability to work supportively in a laboratory environment
- Experience in organic synthesis and spectroscopic techniques for compound characterization.
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Job requisition ID: 12961