Research Fellow, Tropical Marine Science Institute
- Working on numerical modelling of weather and climate using high resolution climate models.
- Parameterization Optimization of the climate models
- Working on Supercomputing platforms/Linux platforms for Numerical Weather Prediction and Climate Modelling
- Data processing and data analyses
- Data visualization
- Publishing research in peer reviewed journals
- Presentation of research in workshops/conferences
- A PhD in Climate/Atmospheric Sciences
- Good knowledge of meteorology and atmospheric dynamics
- Experience in Numerical modelling with the WRF model
- Experience in handling supercomputing platforms
- Knowledge of Unix systems
- Expertise in programming languages such as NCL, GrADS, Python
- Expertise in shell scripting
- Knowledge of ArcGIS will be desirable
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students are one of our utmost priorities, and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require a significant amount of physical interactions with students/staff/public members. Even for job roles that may be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presences are required.
In accordance with Singapore's legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able to work on the NUS premises with effect from 15 January 2022. As such, job applicants will need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated to secure successful employment with NUS.