Post Doctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering
- To provide high quality research support and undertake competitive research and development efforts.
- The primary purpose of the role is to develop new and innovative research streams associated with natural polymers (mainly lignocellulosics) and microbial materials (mainly biofilms) towards the valorization of bio-wastes in the United Arab Emirates to promote a regional integration into the global bioeconomy.
- Since the Postdoctoral, experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
Develop the specific research field via a skillful understanding of the current state-of-the-art.
Design new experimental methodologies to quantify the benefits and drawbacks of the developed assembly approaches and associated biomaterials.
Facilitate acquisition, organize and storage of data.
Support operational schedules and manage other staff involved.
- Conduct the specified program of research as defined by the approved project proposal.
- Work in a collegial and cooperative manner with the principal investigator and other co-workers in the project, the research team and external collaborators.
- Engage in the reporting and dissemination of the results, as directed by and with the support of the principal investigator.
- Support the Principal Investigator, and research group in the design and development of the research program for the assigned project and related areas.
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with the program of research and the project.
- Engage in appropriate training and professional development opportunities as required by the Faculty supervisor, the Department or the University.
- Support, if required, the development of proposals for research funding.
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the research group, department and university.
- Generate new ideas, concepts, and build upon existing ideas to propose unique solutions.
- In addition to the research program to be developed, the candidate will supervise the work of some undergraduate and postgraduate students and staff working in the research group and the project.
- Synergy between the ongoing research of students and the candidate’s own research is expected.
Qualifications & Experience
- A recent PhD in Chemical Engineering (less than 6 years), Environmental Engineering, Materials Science, Microbiology, Bioproducts, Biosystems, Bioengineering, Mechanical Engineering and closely related fields will be considered.
- Expertise in polymer processing or biofilm formation is essential and competence in any combination of the following will be advantageous: bioprocesses, microbiology, biomacromolecules, lignocellulosics, materials science, mechanical engineering.
- Ability to work on tight schedules and manage complex data sets.
- Candidate should be familiar with the basic techniques and data analysis related to aqueous processing of polymers. Experience in microbiological growth of materials is a significant advantage.
- Demonstrated understanding of operational requirements for a successful research project and managing resources.
- Ability to identify and fulfill the academic writing requirements for publications.
- Ability to work with team members and support students supervision in an anxiety-free environment.
- An innovative, out-of-the-box, and cross discipline mindset will be highly valued
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (email@example.com).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Post Doctoral Fellow
Job Type: Full-time