Office of the Vice President (Corporate)
The Corporate Planning Strategist will play a lead role in corporate strategic planning.
Key responsibilities will include the following.
- Annual performance review, analysis, and reporting to key stakeholders, including EXCO and the Board of Trustees. The analysis will also involve working with the Business Analytics team to datamine organizational data for business insights, forecasting and benchmarking with industry players;
- Environmental scanning of sectoral development for emerging trends, opportunities and threats;
- Organisation of Corporate Strategic Planning events with stakeholders across all levels of staff (from the Senior Management Retreat to the Workplan Seminar);
- Training of Corporate Strategic Planning representatives from the respective departments on the submission requirements and analyses required in the formulation of Workplans;
- Facilitation of workplanning at the departmental level with departmental planning representatives. This will include the use of relevant planning tools and methodologies (e.g., Design Thinking, Value Innovation, Process Mapping and Re-engineering), and on-the-ground facilitation of discussions;
- Review and analysis of all workplans with Finance to assess potential returns on investment, viability, scalability, and sustainability. The review will also recommend prioritization to EXCO with reference to strategic priorities and corporate outcomes;
- Assessment of the University’s risk portfolio arising from new workplans, with the Enterprise Risk Manager, and evaluating the adequacy of risk control measures;
- Quarterly evaluations of progress on workplans with stakeholders in preparation for accountability reporting to EXCO;
- Adaptation of workplans with stakeholders should business needs and circumstances change over time, so as to minimize disruption to overall institutional progress, while ensuring minimal loss and waste of resources;
- Corporate performance management based on the Corporate Balanced Scorecard KPIs and targets, and cascading of the Corporate Balanced Scorecard to Departmental Balanced Scorecards with departmental level KPIs and targets;
- Drafting of cases of support with stakeholders and the Development Office to secure external funding or donations;
- Preparation of all reports and presentations to key external stakeholders (e.g., Board of Trustees, MOE).
- Senior level position leading corporate strategic formulation and implementation (private sector, government, or nonprofit) that achieved measurable results.
- Skill knowledge and track record in several domains (strategy, enterprise risk and financial modelling ).
- Demonstrated skills in developing and implementing metrics, processes, tools and intervention measures to drive achievement of strategies and priorities.
- Demonstrated skills in applying tools and methodologies to gather and analyse data in order to communicate work, generate insights that inform decision making.
- Ability to establish and manage strategic internal and external relationships with partners and stakeholders to add value and achieve goals