Our bold vision, captured in our Strategic Plan: making a Difference: The 2025 Agenda, is to be internationally recognised as a world leader in research, an innovator in contemporary education, and the source of Australia’s most enterprising graduates.
To realise this ambition, we recently made a significant organisation change to a six College structure with a professional staff and services alignment.
We recognise the key to our success is exceptional people and we’re seeking an outstanding individual to join the team of our transformed university.
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Fixed-Term, until Dec 2022 | Full-Time
Higher Education Officer Level 4
$65,598 - $70,749 pa
Manager, Student Engagement
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Students)
Engaging in work that is generally prescribed, the Administration Assistant is responsible for providing reception and administrative support to the Office of Student Engagement, the Flinders University Student Association and the services overseen by the Association.
The incumbent is also responsible for the provision of support and coordination to ensure the execution of a broad range of projects as delegated through the Manager, Student Engagement.
Key Position Responsibilities
Ensuring the provision of a professional and efficient reception service for all operations of FUSA including Student Assist and ancillary services including:
- Providing a high level of customer service to students and FUSA staff in order to assist in the effective operation of the Student Association services;
- The provision of support and in some cases, coordination of a broad range of FUSA projects as delegated by all FUSA staff through the Office Coordinator and Manager, Student Engagement;
- Administration of grants and support for student clubs affiliated with FUSA;
- Contributing to the planning processes by assisting with the preparation of briefing papers, reports, agendas and minutes for meetings and action/monitor follow up as appropriate;
- Assistance with the maintenance of spread sheets or database applications;
- Contributing administratively to the ongoing development and maintenance of all relevant policies and procedures whilst constantly identifying areas for improvement;
- Liaising with all FUSA staff with the aim of contributing to the effective execution of all FUSA activities through participating in planning meetings and improvement activities;
- Assisting in the production of publications and materials, including brochures, flyers and handbooks’
- Establishing strong and effective networks across the University and externally;
- Maintaining office supplies and stationery and associated equipment for the Office of Student Engagement and FUSA; and
- Act in the role of Office Coordinator when they are absent or on leave.
Delivering high quality financial services including:
- Receipting of income, processing of accounts, preparing account reconciliation, purchasing, coordination of travel, and reconciliation of expenses;
- Providing support to the Office Coordinator in the maintenance of budgets and other financial documentation;
- Administration and reconciliation of petty cash; and
- Assisting in the communication of relevant financial policies, procedures, and systems with staff, whilst maintaining appropriate levels of control and efficiency.
Providing administrative support for FUSA and the Student Council, including:
- Administrative support for the Student President, including arranging appointments and diary management;
- Secretarial support for Student Council meetings, including assisting with the production of, and distributing, agendas and minutes;
- Assisting the Student President and other elected student representatives with planning, organising, and implementing events and student activities; and
- Maintaining the Student Association’s web page, discount application and membership database.
Providing administrative and clerical support to the Manager, Student Engagement, including:
- Organising meetings, including room bookings and other arrangements, drafting, and preparing agendas, distribution of meeting papers and minute-taking;
- Coordinating and directing appropriate responses to internal and external enquiries;
- Screening telephone enquiries;
- Arranging appointments and diary management;
- Drafting correspondence as required; and
- Assisting with projects as they arise.
Any other responsibilities in line with the level of the position as assigned by the Supervisor and/or the University.
Key Position Capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to provide a responsive and high-quality administration service, including an understanding of, and a strong commitment to, providing professional and high-quality customer service.
- Effective organisational and administrative skills, including the ability to prioritise workload, meet deadlines and manage a varied workload in a busy environment.
- An ability to undertake financial procedures, including receipting income and processing accounts.
- Effective written communication and document presentation skills, with a demonstrated capacity for attention to detail, particularly in the preparation of correspondence, reports, and other documents.
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills including the ability to provide appropriate advice and information to a variety of people and a demonstrated ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and networks with students and staff at all levels within the organisation and with external stakeholders.
- Ability to take initiative in problem solving, to work independently and a proven ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Effective computer skills, including high level keyboard skills, experience with the Microsoft Suite of applications, electronic mail and the internet.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality.
- Formal qualification in business management or administration is desirable.
Prescribed Conditions for Employment
Flinders University has introduced a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all new staff members to be up to date with their COVID-19 vaccinations, subject to medical exemptions.
Information for Applicants:You are required to provide a suitability statement of no more than three pages, addressing the key capabilities of the position as outlined above. In addition, you are required to upload your CV.
A valid National Police Certificate which is satisfactory to the University will also be required before the successful applicant can commence in this position.
We are seeking to increase the diversity to improve equal opportunity outcomes for employees, and therefore we encourage female applicants, people with a disability and/or from Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islanders descent to apply
Please note, late applications and applications sent via agencies will not be accepted.
Applications Close 11:59 pm:
29 Jun 2022