- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- The hired professional is expected to show evidence of various aptitudes, including the following: ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication; ability to understand research group management and supervision of others; ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Conduct internationally competitive research in the area of cyber physical systems with focus on secure embedded machine learning on low-cost edge dvices.
- Publish research results in top tier journals and conferences.
- Track project milestones and deliverables in coordination with the principal investigator.
- Interface with external collaborators and stakeholders.
- Mentor MSc students into embedded systems and edge computing.
Qualifications & Experience
- MSc degree in Electrical and Computer Engineering or related fields.
- Solid knowledge and skills in the design of embedded electronic systems.
- Extensive practice in the deployment and evaluation of embedded systems.
- Solid communication and presentation skills.
- Solid English technical writing skills.
The experience required for this research engineer position is as follows:
- Design, implementation, and characterization of embedded electronic systems using state-of-the-art 32-bit, 16-bit, and 8-bit microcontrollers.
- Fast prototyping of digital design solutions using FPGA’s.
- Familiarity with embedding AI solution on edge devices.
- Industrial experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with TinyML and secure embedded systems is also a plus.
The skills needed to successfully conduct the assigned tasks include:
- Programming Languages: Python and libraries, Embedded C, Java.
- Industrial Knowledge: Microcontrollers (8,16,32-bit), FPGA.
- AI and Machine learning: Data Science, Keras, Tensorflow, TinyML.
- Engineering Software: MATLAB, NI LabView, AutoCAD, HFSS, ADS
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job: Research Engineer
Job Type: Full-time