Research Associate, Communications and New Media
The Communications and New Media Department, at the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, National University of Singapore (NUS) is recruiting a Research Associate for a project. The project aims to document, research and analyse trends and practices of home-based work in Singapore, while working with a multidisciplinary team. This is a full-time position based in Singapore.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- conduct literature reviews and assist with data analyses;
- manage multiple databases of data;
- project management;
- support the development and management of a household survey;
- extract social media data as well as analysis of digital platform supporting home-based work;
- conduct interviews with stakeholders and other participants;
- document and analyse research data;
- contribute to the development of scientific papers and the dissemination of the study findings.
- Statement of interest (include relevant experience and skills)
- Educational certificates and transcripts
- Complete list of publications
- Three reference letters
Competencies and qualifications
The appointed candidate should:
- hold at least a bachelor degree, in Urban Studies, Social Science, Communications or a related field
- be proficient in both quantitative and qualitative research methods and analysis
- the ideal candidate should have an eye for details, good project management skills, demonstrated good writing and communication skills.
Location: Kent Ridge
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department : Communications and New Media, FASS
At NUS, the health and safety of our staff and students is one of our utmost priorities and COVID-vaccination supports our commitment to ensure the safety of our community and to make NUS as safe and welcoming as possible. Many of our roles require significant amount of physical interactions with student / staff / public members. Even for job roles that can be performed remotely, there will be instances where on-campus presence is required.
With effect from 15 January 2022, based on Singapore’s legal requirements, unvaccinated workers will not be able work at the NUS premises. As such, we regret to inform that job applicants need to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for successful employment with NUS.
MOM Updated advisory on COVID-vaccination at the Workplace, subject to changes in accordance with the national COVID-19 measures