Period Director Medical Education
5 days left
- Full Time
Reporting to the Assistant Dean for Medical Education, the Period Director for Medical Education - Periods 3 and 4 at Khalifa University’s College of Medicine and Health Sciences (CMHS) supports the Assistant Dean in scheduling and implementing courses and strands during the third and fourth years of the medical education program.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of all courses and strands within Periods 3 and 4 of the medical education program
- Assists in the development of Period 3 and 4 calendars
- Assists with the development and annual update of course syllabi. Ensures syllabi comply with KU and CMHS policies
- Monitors and ensures that courses in periods 3 and 4 meet medical education program objectives
- Coordinates course schedules with course directors and ensures availability of rooms and IT support
- Ensures timely submission by course directors of grades and course evaluations
- Coordinates meetings between student curriculum advisors and course directors
- Serves as an ex-officio, non-voting member on the CMHS Curriculum Committee
- Assists with review and approval of course exams to ensure consistency with course objectives and learning outcomes
- Coordinates credentialing of medical students with Office of Student Affairs and clinical sites
- Provides information or prepares reports as and when needed.
- Ensures adherence to the University's information security policies and procedures, and reports breaches or other security risks accordingly.
- Ensures coordination with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed.
- Performs any other tasks assigned by the Associate Den and his line managers.
- Provides coaching, guidance and mentoring as required to enhance the internal capabilities of the team and ensures the achievement of established objectives and plans.
- Recommends appropriate training courses as per pre-determined training needs, evaluates their effectiveness, and monitors their results.
- Carries out performance appraisals for subordinates according to planned schedules and recommends necessary actions as per applied practices.
- Conducts periodic meetings with subordinates to ensure that priorities are clear and workflow is running smoothly.
- Follows-up on employees' administrative affairs such as vacations, leaves and other administrative and related affairs.
Qualifications & Experience
- Qualified for faculty appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher
- Prior leadership role in undergraduate medical education
- Regional, national or international recognition in medical education
- Demonstrable accomplishments in teaching, research, healthcare delivery, and/or service at a level commensurate of Assistant Professor or above.
- Strong record reflecting excellence in medical education and administration.
- Prior experience working as a course director in a MD program
- Proven management experience, requisite expertise in working collaboratively with faculty members and medicine professionals, strong interpersonal skills, and a thorough understanding of university structure and culture are essential.
- Demonstrable ethical behavior, professionalism, interpersonal skills, leadership and management abilities that are sufficient to effectively direct and develop staff and students.
- Five (5) or more years of experience supervising curriculum design and development in an undergraduate medical education program
- Familiarity or experience with an education institution in the Middle East.
Primary Location: KUK – Khalifa University
Job Type: Full-time